Cee Baileys 18" windshield

daddyrack

Premium Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
I ordered mine a week ago. Just checked the tracking number, it should show up today. I will be anxious to try mine out too, will post pictures and review in the next few days ;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

roadrat

I wish I can mass produce my screen. It's very expensive and time consuming to build them by hand. Not a big deal when I make one for myself... but try to build a few to sell at a reasonable price is hard. Maybe I should give the pattern to a company who build screens... I'm sure few of you will buy it right away... :)
Martin, no hurry but I'm still down for one of your screens when or if you get enough orders. I did finally locate a Puig but haven't had time to install it yet - hopefully it will work better for me than the Yamaha... barely noticed a difference between that one and the OEM screen.

PS definitely SELL the pattern, not give it to a company! You should be paid for your talent and skill my friend!

John

Hoptownky

A new windshield is on my short list as well. I will be anxiously waiting to get your report and opinion on the Cee Bailey. Congratulation on the purchase!

stevet

Cee Baileys windshield

It seems they have a newer version of the old windshield. The one I bought from them was a 22" I believe. I had written my review previously. I don't know if this one has been changed or improved. I wound up cutting mine down 1 1/2" at a time and also on the sides until the wind was just outside of me. The original size was too large and shook making the bike unstable at higher speeds than 60. Also it killed the look of a sport bike. What I have now is a compromise on looks and effectiveness. Much more comfortable than the non effective stock or bubble shield.

Hoptownky

The 24 pictured on their website looked a little large to me. An 18 seems more reasonable, and would definitely look better IMOP. I know they make a great product, which is why I am interested. I can live with the stock, but I do believe a larger shield would make the bike even more enjoyable for me than it already is.

Osoreru

I wish I can mass produce my screen. It's very expensive and time consuming to build them by hand. Not a big deal when I make one for myself... but try to build a few to sell at a reasonable price is hard. Maybe I should give the pattern to a company who build screens... I'm sure few of you will buy it right away... :)
Would be a great way to make more cash for modding wouldn't it? :p

I'm really interested to hear how the cee bailey's turns out for you. I desperately want a new wind screen myself, but I haven't been able to decide on what to get. Leaning more towards the Puig Touring at this point.

I just got the Cee Baileys windshield installed last night. Here are some pictures of the before and after.

I will wait before I speak about how much I like this windshield until I have some more miles with it. I did take it on the freeway this morning and it works so much better than the stock. The wind was blowing approx. 5-10 miles per hour with gusts. Even at 75-80 mph it performed very well. Passed a HD on the way who was getting tossed back and forth due to the wind gusts :)

Attachments

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

Right on- I'd be interested in picking one up on one of my National motorcycle club bike runs-

i've been riding so long that no windscreen really doesn't affect me.. However it can occasionally create a sore neck after 8 hours of high wind..

I find the Fz6r Stock screen decent.. However this taller one might be cool once I start bagging this bike out and making it a Long trek only bike..

Right now its my fav mountain and canyon toy