car suggestions needed

dnielson45

Elite Member

Chucker

Now don't kill me before you consider it, but think about a lightly used Hyundai. They've packed in a lot of features recently and have been doing better and better on reliability.
And if you tint the windows really dark, no one will see you driving it.:p

mdgreene2001

Now don't kill me before you consider it, but think about a lightly used Hyundai. They've packed in a lot of features recently and have been doing better and better on reliability.
True, used to work as a tech for them, so long as its built after 2006 its a decent car. But nissan is better.

dnielson45

Elite Member

mdgreene2001

in all fairness my dad owns a 2006 hyundai sonata he got when i worked for hyundai, has 100k on it and hasn't had any issues, i do all the maintance on it including major maint ie 30, 60, 90k. when he buys a new car he is thinking about a maxima, altima, or frontier, maybe a titan (if they ever fix the issues with it). the only major issues i have seen with 05+ frontiers, pathfinders (not 2013), xterras with the 4.0l are the timing chains (secondary tensioner shoes wear out), and innermixed coolant/atf through the radiator but for that issue nissan has extended the warranty 80k and a copay of $2500 for 80-90k and $3000 for 90-100k not bad concidering the trans alone is $7000. maxima and altima, i think 2003-10, had the same timing chain secondary tensioner shoes wearing out as the 4.0l.

all in all good vehicles you can bypass the radiator cooler, its not really needed, and the chains are not that bad to do if you know what your doing, if not its like $1300

always buy factory extended warranty it will pay for itself when you need a ac compressor or a radio, etc.