Can someone post up a pic for me?

dcBear78

Can someone post up a pic of their Two Brothers exhaust manifold at the header end? I am not sure if mine is seated right. Seems to be too far out and as I tighten the nuts the bracket seems to be bending.

Plus I already broke one of the studs yesterday over-tightening it. Don't wish to do it a 2nd time.

Probably not easy to do with the fairings on. Just hoping someone may have a pic up their sleeve of theirs?

Thanks

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

dcBear78

Thanks Kevin8198 but I am after the other end. Like Marthy said I am not sure if I got the flanges ok. It is more I am not sure if the pipes are seated in fully. They seem to be further out than I would have expected?

kevin8198

Elite Member

dcBear78

Thanks...

That 4th one is the winner. I definitely don't have my pipes in properly. Might just pull the whole thing off and start again.

kevin8198

Elite Member
Thanks...

That 4th one is the winner. I definitely don't have my pipes in properly. Might just pull the whole thing off and start again.
I know that the Two Brothers documentation indicates you only have to pull the right side cover off. When we did my install, I pulled both covers off. This gives you a clear view from the side to know when the TB exhaust tubes are seated into the ports on the bike. I only torqued my bolts to 10 ft. lbs., I know that specifications call for 14 ft. lbs, but I didn't want to risk breaking the bolts.

lwclancers

Im glad I saw this. I put mine on and took it off twice today thinking I didnt have it on right because the brackets seemed so far away from the head cylinder. I then did a mini measurement and realized the 4 headers were only going to go in about 1/4" inch or so before they hit the 4 stock gaskets in the ports. Once I realized this I felt better about the "gap" between the openings and the brackets.

Its a bit deceiving because it makes you feel like you should keep tightening. Should have this mod done tomorrow :) (ill try to post a pic of mine here shortly)

the flanges should not touch the head cylinder. All 4 flange should sit evenly on the headers part before you torque. So give it a light snug by hand on all of them first then a little bigger one (all equal) Start your bike and check if it leak. When everything seams ok, give it the torque required.

lwclancers

Things are snug, but not yet tightened down. Im going to attach the canister in the morning, and tighten everything up.

See the "gap" but the headers are in the port up to the 4 stock gaskets. I was deceived by this for like 45 minutes until I saw Marthy's post above, as well as rechecking the measurement on how far in the headers would go until they hit the gaskets.

Attachments