Can someone please help me identify the correct clutch slave position?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

tho9504

Unscrew the 6 bolts evenly a little bit at the time so the stack don't get crooked. Once the 6 bolts are out you can pull on the whole stack. Clutch disc and steel plate. Try to keep everything in order... that will give you a good reference on how to put it back together. Few pics as you go won't hurt either.

On top of my head... one disc is slightly different, that the first one to go in with the retainer. (Last one to go out...)

Marthy,
I hate to bother you again, but you seem like the go to guy for all things FZ6R...
I just got my clutch kit from Barnetts. IN the kit there were 8 friction plates, 8 clutch drive plates and 6 Springs.

2 of the friction plates were different than the others. They looked like the inside diameter was larger (so smaller looking than the others slightly). Are these the ones you were talking about above? Since there are two of them, i am assuming one goes in first and the other one goes in last (closest to clutch pressure plate). So that all the other plates are sandwiched in between these two odd friction plates? When i look at the service manual, it does mention the 1st and last plates a different than others. If you used the Barnetts clutch, can you comment if i read the manual correctly?

Barnetts clutch kit part # 303-90-20079

Bad Request

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

tho9504

Unfortunately, when i took the plates out, the first one i took off was so worn out, it looks like the steel plate with non of the friction material on it. so i was not sure. All the fibers were completely grinded off and only the metal plate remain on that one.