Can I flip the handle bar riser without taking fairings off?

concuncon

Hi everyone! I'm looking to do the free mod on my new to me FZ6r, which is turn the handle bar riser to the forward position. Now I'm facing my first challenge is that the bolts under has no place for me to reach. Now taking the fairings off should make it easy, but I'm not too confident in removing then re assemble all that plastics without leaving gaps everywhere... so I would try to avoid that as much as possible.
Any tips will be appreciated.

Edromero

Hi everyone! I'm looking to do the free mod on my new to me FZ6r, which is turn the handle bar riser to the forward position. Now I'm facing my first challenge is that the bolts under has no place for me to reach. Now taking the fairings off should make it easy, but I'm not too confident in removing then re assemble all that plastics without leaving gaps everywhere... so I would try to avoid that as much as possible.
If you have a long enough extension you may be able to loosen without taking the fairing off...but dont be scared to remove the bodywork. Youll see theres nothing to it, and really no way you can mess it up. Just take your time and keep all your pieces in order.

Brent27

I would suggest taking the bodywork off. As Edromo said its not a big deal at all. Just taking the bolts out, unplugging the turn signals, etc. You'll eventually need to remove the bodywork sometime when you do a few more mods or change fluids so it may be a good idea to figure out how to take it off now. It's becomes a 5 minute job once you get used to it.

Only tip I can think of is when you lay the bodywork off to the side you watch out how you put it down. You don't want to put the bodywork "face" down on cement or you could scratch it.

Chucker

I did mine without removing the fairing. I don't recall it being any sort of trouble.

Bert-Aus

The bolts are accessible from the top,
They just have plastic plugs in them, you should be able to remove the plugs with your fingernails.
Fairings don't need to be removed for this
One suggestion is to place a sheet over the instrument panel so you have somewhere to place the handlebars whilst you spin the risers

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk