Can anyone help me to understand motogp 2012 rules

Bruno

Hello guys,

I`ve became a big fan of motogp since a couple years ago... And i like to understand the rules. I know for the 2012 season the engines will be 1000cc again, but i also know some manufacturers may remain with the 800cc engines...

"MotoGP™ - As of the 2012 season, the maximum engine displacement permitted is 1000cc with a maximum of four cylinders and maximum bore of 81 mm - 2-stroke engines are not allowed. A maximum of 6 engines may be used by each permanent contracted rider for all the scheduled races of the season. Penalty for infringement of this means the rider will start from the pit lane 10 seconds after the start of the race.

From 2012, teams not entered by one of the major manufacturers may seek CRT status. Teams entered as CRT will benefit from less restrictive rules on the number of engines that may be used in a season, and the fuel allowance during a race is larger. Under the "Claiming Rule", teams operating under CRT status agree to allow up to four of their engines per season to be claimed, after a race, by one of the major manufacturer teams at a cost of €20,000 each including transmission, or €15,000 each for the engine alone."

I copied the text above from the motogp official website, but i didn`t understand this very well (Maybe because english is not my native language)... What does it exactly mean? Does anyone already know what displacement each team/rider chose?

Thanks in advance e cheers from Brazil,

Bruno

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT