Camaro ZL1

Kayo7

So, I wish I could say this is mine, but I can't. But I finally got the chance to drive it. Man that thing is FAST! To bad the one I drove was an automatic and not manual but I guess I will survive :D. Here are a couple pics of it.

Attachments

darksidefz6r

I drove a few of these while I was still working as a tech. They are fast but the only thing I thought was ridiculous was the limited slip diff was only standard equipment in the automatics and had to be special ordered with manual trans. Oh, and they have a lot of blind spots because of the huge c pillars and small rear window. But still bad ass none the less.:D

Grumpy

It is too bad the new Cam is such an ugly car to me.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MaximumHP

Sweet car no doubt, I'd take one. I wouldn't say I love the new Camaros, but I certainly wouldn't turn one down if somehow one ended up in my lap. The new Z28, however, now that I'd love.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jlog65

My little brother has one of the newer Camaros. A 10' I think. As far as daily driving, ride, visibility, especially power, and pretty much everything else goes I still prefer my 12' Mustang GT. Ford got this car right!

BoneJj

I almost bought a camaro when I was looking for a new car and I couldn't stand the blind spots in the car, they are utterly horrible, you can't see a damn thing out the back of the car... You have to rely on your mirrors and back up camera if you have one. I just found that so off putting and the price of the car I wanted was just too much at the time.

That's why I ended up with the WRX but I'm hoping that they will redesign the cars rear end and open up those c-pillars more so that you can actually see something out back on the next generation. Supposedly they did a little bit of that in the newest iteration but not nearly enough yet for me to consider one as my next car.

My boy has a Boss 302 Mustang and that thing is just a straight out beast and has plenty of visibility. I've never been a Ford person but the mew mustangs have me rethinking that and I guess it's just boiling down to what's on the market once I'm done with the WRX. I still have another good 5 years with that car though.

AK_FZ

I just found that so off putting and the price of the car I wanted was just too much at the time.
I can't see spending 40k+ on a car... even 30k+ is hard for me to choke down. I live in an unfriendly place for a RWD vehicle, so that's why I also opted for a Subaru.

Besides, I still love the looks I get from the newer Camaro owners when a Legacy Wagon is right next to them on a full throttle pull :)

BoneJj

I can't see spending 40k+ on a car... even 30k+ is hard for me to choke down. I live in an unfriendly place for a RWD vehicle, so that's why I also opted for a Subaru.

Besides, I still love the looks I get from the newer Camaro owners when a Legacy Wagon is right next to them on a full throttle pull :)
It's not so bad for me down in the southern states but IDK for me I chose mine because it was the fine line between power and function for my needs. Though I find that I don't really need all the room that I have now anymore so I'm wanting to go back to a 2 door now, though that will probably change in a few years again...

As for the price. I can easily justify it,.. power... The more you have the more it costs. I enjoy power and that's why I have a liter bike now instead of what I had not long ago.

But the other issue is living within your means and if you don't have the cash to put up for the car then don't get it. Buy what fits your pocket and funds.

Too many people that shouldn't own a 40k car are driving a 40k car.... then it gets repo'ed and then they wonder why their credit looks like crap or they can't afford to maintain it and the car drives like crap because they over stretched their means.

Reactions: Rob

JonKerr

Elite Member
Reactions: Rob

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

applejax

Obviously taste in cars is very subjective. But as a car guy, I don't see how anyone can think the new Camero is an ugly car. It's my #1 car I want to buy right now. IMO one of the best looking cars ever built. There's a grey one someone at work drives. Body kit on it, carbon fiber hood, black wheels, red Brembo calipers, tinted windows, blue angel eyes, sinister sounding exhaust, just mean!!! :D This pic isn't it, but it looks a lot like this one. The main difference is the one at work has the wing in the rear instead of the spoiler. But just bad ass to me.

Too boxy looking for me.

roundhouse

they are so awesome. but I think if it were my $ I would buy a used camaro and mod it myself. factory high performance is cool but voiding the warranty would hurt my soul.

would be nice if you could get the big boy ZR1 640+- motor.

SpawnXX

Premium Member