California Superbike School

cyberal

Having watched Twist of the Wrist II and read the book (now starting Total Control as well), I still feel like I'm not always entirely sure I'm doing things right. I have the feeling that although my riding has improved, it's not all it could be. Since a lot of the techniques promote safe riding, I figured it was worth the investment. I'm attending California Superbike School 2-day camp at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca!

Has anyone attended this school before? I'd love to hear about your experience.

Here's the link for more info in case you are interested:
Superbike School :: Two-Day Camps
and here's what we'll be riding:
Superbike School :: BMW S1000RR
(I just hope my FZ6R doesn't get too jealous :p)

Cheers!

Detrich

i wanna go to school too after i improve some... maybe yamaha champion school, because they provide R6's, which is my bike. i think it's easier since i don't need to adjust to a different bike.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

i'm seriously considering going to the 2-day camp this sept 17-18 at Streets... the other school i was considering is the Yamaha Championship school, but that one is in Salt Lake City and is a 3 day course. slightly more money, but they teach on R6's and R1's. i'm also considering that, since it might help me more getting instruction on the same bike that i ride every week- rather than learning on a bigger, heavier s1000rr.

i feel like i've hit a plateau with my riding, and i need some help getting past some of my obstacles to help me improve... still thinking about it. these are not cheap, but i hope it'll be worth it. anyone else thinking about going?

Cmltoe

A cheaper alternative might be going to a track day with a reputable track group on your bike. NESBA has great control riders that give you as many tips as you want. I just did my first track day with them and I also feel like my riding has improved 100% after I had one of the instructors follow me around and show me the race lines.

That being said, I'm signed up for California Superbike School in August.:D

Pics of my track day at NJMP Lightning below. Hitting Thunderbolt with NESBA again tomorrow!:rockon:

Attachments