Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice. it is nice to not have a car payment. if I did not have the kid to take around and have to drive in the snow I would not mind going without a car either.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Mr Citrus

I'm just a college kid, so having the 6r, where I have it payed off already, and my insurance paid until may 2012 is GREAT. And I can ride year long. If I absolutely need 4 wheels I can borrow one of my parents cars.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Crocop43

I'm in the same boat cageless.... But man it's starting to get cold in the mornings I bought some hot grips but I'm to dumb to install it neatly so imma take it to the dealer hope fully those and some hand guards I can find will make It better.....and invest in a nice seat of long jons haha

2011FZ6R

My 6R is my only vehicle, which is fine for florida. I use it to drive to and from High School and work, and If I know it's going to rain I either borrow my brothers truck or one if my parent's cars, especially if I have to work right after school.

CraigEgg

Few days ago I was driving my wife old beater cage to work because I had to carry 2 big box. By the time I get to work, the lanscaping engineer was there working at the shop. I got out the car and chat with him and try to figure out his strong Cuban accent. Then he ask me if the old car was for sale, I said yes. My wife want $1000 for it. He bargain me all the way down to $800. Ah well, she paid 1K for it 4 years ago...

With that said, I'm cageless (my wife drive my cage). With those few $ I will pay off my Suzuki (Cager) and be car payment free for a bit.

All I have is the 6R to drive around... kind of sound good actually! I'll get a cage later on...:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:
All I got is the 6r...come rain or snow....up to 6k miles and its not even a year.

Sparkxx1

I'm just a college kid, so having the 6r, where I have it payed off already, and my insurance paid until may 2012 is GREAT. And I can ride year long. If I absolutely need 4 wheels I can borrow one of my parents cars.
Same boat man...I would not be able to afford a cage right now T.T

It's funny because both of our cages total cost is less than I paid for the 6r. We bought our 97 Dodge 2500 conversion van for 2300, and my other toy, 89 Integra for 600.

Need the cage though, stupid flash floods suck here.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
My FZ6R is my only means of transportation now too! My wife has our only cage in IL, 750 miles away. So my bike goes everywhere and does everything, from getting groceries, taking packages to UPS, to hauling my hunting gear and shotgun around. :thumbup:

It's kinda fun not having a cage!

Mr Citrus

You're in AZ - do you actually get snow? I mean the stuff on the ground outside your house, not the stuff you can see in the mountains off in the distance.
I think they get it every once in a while in Tuscon

Bloke

Mate of mine went cageless last summer. Then winter came he kept riding but it got a bit too dicey for him.

Rather than buy a car, He worked out that the money he saved riding his motorbike all year he could hire a car making use of all the promotional deals and still be quids in.

So that's what he did, rode to work when he could and hired a car when he needed it. Still cageless today and whenever you see him in a car it's always a sports or luxury one. He loves it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

iSpoolin

I will never go cageless :lol: I hate riding in the rain. I hate riding in the cold.

My bikes just my sunshine and warmth time toy.