But Doc, I wanna ride!

3leggeddog

I bought my 6R on January 3rd. It is my very first motorcycle and it was love at first sight. Three days later I ruptured (tore) my left bicep tendon. Fortunately, my MSF class wasn't until the next weekend and I still had one good arm. I completed the class, rode through neighborhood afterwards to get a feel for the bike, then rode Sunday after church. Ended up having to pick the bike up after executing a horrendously bad slow speed turn. Good news is I didn't scratch the bike. Bad news is I popped the right bicep tendon trying to pick it up and now need surgery. First surgery is to fix the left arm, second will be to fix the right arm. :surrender:

Since I won't be able to ride for close to a month, is there anything I need to do while the bike sits idle? Heh...no pun intended.

Also, is it ok to whine about not being able to ride? Do tears cause rust? Will I look like a dork if I sit in my living room watching TV with my helmet on? Is keeping the bike in my bedroom a bad idea? :D

I bought my 6R on January 3rd. It is my very first motorcycle and it was love at first sight. Three days later I ruptured (tore) my left bicep tendon. Fortunately, my MSF class wasn't until the next weekend and I still had one good arm. I completed the class, rode through neighborhood afterwards to get a feel for the bike, then rode Sunday after church. Ended up having to pick the bike up after executing a horrendously bad slow speed turn. Good news is I didn't scratch the bike. Bad news is I popped the right bicep tendon trying to pick it up and now need surgery. First surgery is to fix the left arm, second will be to fix the right arm. :surrender:

Since I won't be able to ride for close to a month, is there anything I need to do while the bike sits idle? Heh...no pun intended.

Also, is it ok to whine about not being able to ride? Do tears cause rust? Will I look like a dork if I sit in my living room watching TV with my helmet on? Is keeping the bike in my bedroom a bad idea? :D

To be honest bro..you should not have been riding if your bicep was that messed up.

I bet your right arm was in a supinated position when you picked the ironhorse off the ground

To be honest bro..you should not have been riding if your bicep was that messed up.

I bet your right arm was in a supinated position when you picked the ironhorse off the ground

You're right on both counts. It's one of those lessons I learned the hard way.

you should sleep with her and keep her warm... fire her up once a week to hear her purr, wash and wax her and make her all pretty...

oh, add some stabil to the tank and let it run for 5-10 minutes to get all in the system.

wow, you just described my sex life! :p

Back