But Doc, I wanna ride!

3leggeddog

I bought my 6R on January 3rd. It is my very first motorcycle and it was love at first sight. Three days later I ruptured (tore) my left bicep tendon. Fortunately, my MSF class wasn't until the next weekend and I still had one good arm. I completed the class, rode through neighborhood afterwards to get a feel for the bike, then rode Sunday after church. Ended up having to pick the bike up after executing a horrendously bad slow speed turn. Good news is I didn't scratch the bike. Bad news is I popped the right bicep tendon trying to pick it up and now need surgery. First surgery is to fix the left arm, second will be to fix the right arm. :surrender:

Since I won't be able to ride for close to a month, is there anything I need to do while the bike sits idle? Heh...no pun intended.

Also, is it ok to whine about not being able to ride? Do tears cause rust? Will I look like a dork if I sit in my living room watching TV with my helmet on? Is keeping the bike in my bedroom a bad idea? :D

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

applejax

I bought my 6R on January 3rd. It is my very first motorcycle and it was love at first sight. Three days later I ruptured (tore) my left bicep tendon. Fortunately, my MSF class wasn't until the next weekend and I still had one good arm. I completed the class, rode through neighborhood afterwards to get a feel for the bike, then rode Sunday after church. Ended up having to pick the bike up after executing a horrendously bad slow speed turn. Good news is I didn't scratch the bike. Bad news is I popped the right bicep tendon trying to pick it up and now need surgery. First surgery is to fix the left arm, second will be to fix the right arm. :surrender:

Since I won't be able to ride for close to a month, is there anything I need to do while the bike sits idle? Heh...no pun intended.

Also, is it ok to whine about not being able to ride? Do tears cause rust? Will I look like a dork if I sit in my living room watching TV with my helmet on? Is keeping the bike in my bedroom a bad idea? :D
To be honest bro..you should not have been riding if your bicep was that messed up.

I bet your right arm was in a supinated position when you picked the ironhorse off the ground

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

3leggeddog

To be honest bro..you should not have been riding if your bicep was that messed up.

I bet your right arm was in a supinated position when you picked the ironhorse off the ground
You're right on both counts. It's one of those lessons I learned the hard way.

Fizzer6R

you should sleep with her and keep her warm... fire her up once a week to hear her purr, wash and wax her and make her all pretty...

oh, add some stabil to the tank and let it run for 5-10 minutes to get all in the system.
wow, you just described my sex life! :p