Bunny Ears =(

cjmaverickg

I've been searching all over, granted a little distracted while sneaking it at work. And I have been unable to find some mirrors that will fit onto my 2012 FZ6R. I desperately want to get rid of the Bunny ears coming off the front and I was curious to see if anyone knew of any that would work. I tried to find some from the R6 but the holes didn't match up. I'm also looking into taking off the mudflap in the back and do an integrated tail light so any suggestions on that would be great.

My bike is completely stock right now and I'd like to handle the mods in one swoop so I've been piecing everything together. Also, flush mount LED's on the front turn signals. Easy to replace? Do it yourself friendly? What kind of resistors would I need? Any information would be great!

Thank you!

WeatherB

You need the R6R mirrors (which I'm selling, shameless plug) and then drill a third hole in the metal plate to which the mirrors mount.

Otherwise, the ZX6R mirrors are a direct replacement which most people seem to use. I bought OEM ones and found that the handlebars would hit them so I had to return them.

latony007

The zx6r seems to be the one most have gone with which i have not tried but look short. A lot of guys use the Ebay ones with the signals in them, which look great, so did the gsxr mirrors with the signals, however i could not see crapola behind me so after 3 tries i went back to the stocks. There is about 20 threads on here for mirror replacements

cjmaverickg

Yeah, I love the visibility the stock mirrors provide, I just hate how high they sit, and I don't want to go with bar ends and widen the bike anymore so I've gotta see. I did see the eBay ones and the integrated signals looks pretty sick.

latony007

Yeah, I love the visibility the stock mirrors provide, I just hate how high they sit, and I don't want to go with bar ends and widen the bike anymore so I've gotta see. I did see the eBay ones and the integrated signals looks pretty sick.
The looked great, worked fine, so did the GSXR which sit a lot lower but in the end i had to go back to stock because as much as i hate the bunny ears i like visibility more. So i changed everything else on the bike instead LOL. Did the flush mounts that was easy even for the unmechanically inclined like me. you should add the LED strips in the scoops while your doing it though, increases vis of the signals from the front 100 fold and is only 5$ for the lights on ebay. I did new grips and bar ends in red. i have the red/white 2012. red fairing screws, couple red yamaha stickers like on the tank, red rear signals leds in the back. and the best mod of all my custom seat so my backside not killing me anymore :)

cjmaverickg

The looked great, worked fine, so did the GSXR which sit a lot lower but in the end i had to go back to stock because as much as i hate the bunny ears i like visibility more. So i changed everything else on the bike instead LOL. Did the flush mounts that was easy even for the unmechanically inclined like me. you should add the LED strips in the scoops while your doing it though, increases vis of the signals from the front 100 fold and is only 5$ for the lights on ebay. I did new grips and bar ends in red. i have the red/white 2012. red fairing screws, couple red yamaha stickers like on the tank, red rear signals leds in the back. and the best mod of all my custom seat so my backside not killing me anymore :)
Where did you get your seat? Also, I think i want to go away from the red and do a White/Black look on it. Any suggestions on a windscreen? I love the look of the carbon fiber looking ones but I can't find one anywhere. I saw one on a GSXR a while back. Finding mods for these is annoying. =( Also with the LED strips, did you have to throw on a resistor to the wiring or were you okay just running the stock wires?

latony007

Where did you get your seat? Also, I think i want to go away from the red and do a White/Black look on it. Any suggestions on a windscreen? I love the look of the carbon fiber looking ones but I can't find one anywhere. I saw one on a GSXR a while back. Finding mods for these is annoying. =( Also with the LED strips, did you have to throw on a resistor to the wiring or were you okay just running the stock wires?
I got the actual yamaha windscreen that is like black on the bottom and clear at top and has the FZ6R logo on it, one of the few things that does have our logo on it. If you want some actual wind protection instead of for looks you need the puig touring. the LED strips can be just connected to the flush mounts you put on. Some flushes have the resistor, just to slow the blink rate back to normal because LEDs speed it up, and some dont but you can get em for i think 20$
i will attach a picture of my led strip blinkers, you can also see i have a red set on the lower fairings just for glow light they are on all the time but not necessary for the signals.

as for going white and black i wanted to go white and blue but the problem is the Shock is red, there is no getting around it and to try and make it white and blue, or white and black, and have the red shock sticking out seemed stupid to me, plus i like the decals and those would have to go too so i decided instead to embrace the red not fight it :*****slap:

i can give you some cheap links to embrace it if you decide to lol

Here is the link for review and pictures of my seats.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/dirt-road-custom-seat-review-30771/?highlight=dirt+road

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

D52

May I ask which red fairing screws/bolts you went with, how they look and how they are holding up? I was casually searching online a few weeks ago looking for options, and found a lot of "red" that is actually maroon. Thanks!

latony007

May I ask which red fairing screws/bolts you went with, how they look and how they are holding up? I was casually searching online a few weeks ago looking for options, and found a lot of "red" that is actually maroon. Thanks!
You should be able to see them in my albums or the rockstore link under my signature. Search "windsheild bolts" on ebay and you will get all kinds of them, same size. They hold up perfect there is nothign wrong with them and really stands out against the white, or black too i would guess. was like $5