Buck's Mods

buckwild

Hey guys just wanted to share my experience with the mods Iv bought and installed over the past few months, hopefully it helps a few people researching parts.

-1 Proton Flush Mount LED Turn Signals 100$

These were real easy to install, only catch is the need to swap in a variable voltage signal relay to compensate for the difference in power draw or the back lights will blink like crazy. 8$ at AutoZone.

---

-2 Targa Fender Eliminator Kit 80$

Awesome kit, easy to install. I did however find adding a little epoxy to the turn signal antenna's made them much more sturdy.

-3 Intuitive No-Cut Frame Sliders 100$

Not any real specific pictures of these. They Install easy, look good, and are strong as hell for no cuts.

-4 Yes, I went there, LEDGlow Motorcycle Ground Effect Kit (Blue) 60$

These were a little more complicated to install just due to finding perfect places to tuck the cable runs, and locations for the light strips that I thought would be OK for the adhesive to live on, but they work great. Wireless remote with a few different settings but I just like the stable blue glow. Its mainly for safety at night... is what I tell people. Naw its cuz I think I look cool! >.<

-5 SWEET BLUE DRAGON TANK STOMPER!

Like everyone else I'm currently waiting for my wallet to feel like it wants to cough up the 1000$ for the Two Brothers kit, and maybe a good debadging.

If I can help anyone with any of these projects let me know!

-Buck

**UPDATE**

Here are a few pictures and the info the turn signal relay I used for my Proton's and Fender Eliminator Kit

Bought off the shelf from AutoZone 8-9$
"Blazer EF-32 Variable Voltage Flasher Relay"
Your going to need to cut the factory relay harness off, I cut enough off in case I want to reinstall it for some reason.
Crimp on some female spade connectors, I used heat shrink water proof connectors.

here are some pics,

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Lookin good man!

b_who

Nice!:D
i have the same FE kit and you might wanna bend it up more before you hit a pothole and tear up your license plate like what happened to me

i can see in your pick you've already nicked it so just a heads up

yfz6r

I left my stocker license plate holder on. On my old bike I had a fender elim practically identical to the one above and got pulled over all the time around my place because the cop couldn't see the plate. Then I had to worry about if I was driving right and had up to date insurance card lol

em21701

Hey, I have one of those ugly wave plates on the back of my bike too!

buckwild

Nice dude, cool to see another 6R in RI

buckwild

Nice!:D
i have the same FE kit and you might wanna bend it up more before you hit a pothole and tear up your license plate like what happened to me

i can see in your pick you've already nicked it so just a heads up
I did catch the plate pretty good, hah. I had a fat guy on the back of the bike tooling around a dirt parking lot. :D thanks for the tip