Bright lights for safety

MC#4

Ya know, I think for ultimate visibility, All stock parts should be retained. Aftermarket signals really blow, I had them on my R1 and they were a lot smaller and dimmer than stock stuff. The cheaper ones are simply not very reliable either. I blew a bulb in my front lockhart phillips cateye signals and You have to order the bulbs off the internet! $9 shipping I might add. They are not automotive bulbs so good luck replacing them without special order. Then my one rear led (it is 5 in a strip) died and looks like shit. I'm gonna stick to stock on my FZ6R, I don't think they look bad at all.

I tried a headlight modulator and since I drive during the day 99% of the time, I didn't even notice that the thing quit on me. It may have been out for days! Now I just ride with high beam on during the day. And those back off brake modulators are Very distracting, I saw one the other day and almost plowed into the guy in front of me who stopped.

Also I agree that reflective clothing Is a great way to increase visibility.

Roaddawg

Here is my jacket with some iron-on reflective tape I put on it to make myself more visible at night. I've been told it glows nice and bright, making me quite visible.

stevet

Roaddawg the iron on reflective tape seems to work well and from the photo looks good. I am finding the stock yamaha lights are the safest. The engineers knew what they were doing and that's why we bought the bike in the first place. We can tweak it to individula taste but usually best not to radically change anything. Safety first.