Boot protection

cloudfire

*Search feature disclaimer*:Not sure what to put in the search box to find my answer so I'm starting a thread.

Most of my riding is a commute into work wearing my ACU's and desert tan boots (and other protective gear of course). I just got a new pair of boots and I really would like to keep the black mark off the toe. I've seen the shift sock that slips over the shifter but I'm not convinced that the same thing won't happen over time since it's picking up the same road grime as the shifter. I've also seen the Shifter Skins and they're pretty close to what I'm looking for but I don't like the huge logo on the side.

What I'm really looking for is a low-key piece of leather that straps over my combat boot without drawing attention and doesn't look rediculous while in uniform. I don't believe it's necessary to cover the entire toe of the boot like the Shift Skin since I'm only getting a black mark on half of it.

So has anyone seen anything like what I'm describing?

Last edited:

Spunky99

I wear shifter skins on my fence climbers (pointy toed cowboy boots).
Works great and the logo isn't that bad. It is a sew on patch so you can remove it and put on any patch you desire. Or you can get out a sharpie and go crazy on the logo.
The new ones they are shipping with much better bottom plastic and elastic straps.

Last edited:

BoneJj

I was thinking about just this same thing the other day.... I want something that I want something to keep my shoes from getting jacked up...

I don't have to wear the high gloss black uniform shoes anymore though, so yeah, those days are over but I do like to wear nicer shoes if I'm going to something important and still want to take the bike.

I also need to get a good pair of riding boots as well but that's another story, my current boots are working fine and I'll keep jacking them up until I find something good... lol.

Does anyone make a dressy style riding boot that I wouldn't have to swap shoes out later on when I arrive to my location? That would be nice!

iSpoolin

My buddy just bought a pack of socks and cut the toe's off and covers his shoe with it. Get some socks the same color as your boots and you'll be golden!

oldtouring b

I recently bought the shift cover that has a small zipper on it. Much easier to install and remove. I think they will last for 1 year at least. Works great.

BoneJj

I recently bought the shift cover that has a small zipper on it. Much easier to install and remove. I think they will last for 1 year at least. Works great.
I hope the zipper is away frame the shoe... lol