Bluetooth Headset Shootout!!!

wastelandracer

Howdy, y'all I am currently in the market for a bluetooth headset and I figured who better to turn to than the FZ6R community. I am debating between the Chatterbox X2 Slim P, or the Sena 20S Bluetooth headset. My biggest concern would be sound quality. I don't honestly use my cellphone while riding i just like music when I am going on long rides. So if anybody has insight into either of these headsets please drop me a line. Or if anyone knows of any great bluetooth headphones that fit under a motorcycle helmet that would be great too. I can't wait to see which one people think is the best system for audio quality.

lizardsbba

I have the Sena SMH10R which is the low profile unit, for what it is and the size of the speakers they have decent audio quality. Nothing amazing and not terribly loud. Wind noise can definitely drown it out doing 70+ but for around town and short trips its great. No messing with earphones or wires, but there's trade offs.

Bert-Aus

I have the Sena SMH10R as well.
I wear ear plugs when riding to knock out the wind noise and which also helps my music/ calls to be loud and clear.
The added bonus of the Sena is to answer phone calls all you is talk or blow into the speaker (mounted to the internal of your helmet).

I really can't fault the SMH10R -water proof too!!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

mike

I have the sena 20s and the sound quality is pretty good in my opinion. 70mph+ will drowned out the music but wind noise can depend on the helmet your using. I have them mounted in a Speed and strength modular so its not the best helmet for wind noise but i have no complaints. Also phone calls nice and clear a lot of people i talk to can't tell I'm riding. I usually link up with a few friends when riding and coms from rider to rider are pretty good too. Hope this helps. You have the option to use ear buds with the sena 20s so speeds over 70 wouldn't be a issue if that's a concern.

Last edited:

lizardsbba

Also phone calls nice and clear a lot of people i talk to can't tell I'm riding.
That's actually a solid point I forgot to mention, nobody I've talked to on the phone while riding so far have been able to tell I'm on the bike. And I'm using the small flexible mic not the boom. Haven't had any issues with that so far.

Bert-Aus

That's actually a solid point I forgot to mention, nobody I've talked to on the phone while riding so far have been able to tell I'm on the bike. And I'm using the small flexible mic not the boom. Haven't had any issues with that so far.
Yep the small mic ia excellent, my brother has the SM10 and the boom mic almost always hangs down, which catches the wind.
That shits me no end, as when we're trying to talk whilst riding his com is all muffled due to the wond blasting into the mic

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

BzB

can vouch for sena products. currently using the 10u mounted in my shoei gt-air. awesome setup since this is one of their products that is helmet specific. can't even tell a bt unit is installed from looking at it. downside is it can't be used on other helmets.

looking at the 10r for my other helmet for when i ride 2 up.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

LocoLechero

my 2 cents - if your only concerned with music - I bought a cheap pair of over the ears old school headphones for like 5$ took them completely apart so that all I had was the speaker guts attached to the wires and mounted the speakers under the helmet padding where your ears rest - great loud music!! no problem taking the helmet on and off - it is wired though but works flawlessly with my old school i-pod :rockon:

GhostRider7

Heard of this?

Vimoto V1098a. :p

Vimoto V1098a Waterproof Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Stereo Headset Headphone - Newegg.com

Cheap and effective with decent sound quality and my wife can hear me fine when I'm doin 70 or so on the highway. I can't hear her all that great at that speed but the music is a constant volume so that does a bit better. Downside is it shipped from China so it took several weeks but it works well and I ordered another one. Had mine for over 1 year and no problems. Might find it cheaper on other sites but I like newegg for various reasons.