Road tunes

DubiousDrummer

Hey all,

I bought a set of Tork X2 helmet speakers and wanted to give a brief review.

First off, I ordered them last week from helmetaudio.com and paid for priority shipping (2-3 business days) however they didn't arrive for at least 7 full business days (a week and a half). To be honest, I'm blaming this one on the USPS instead of helmetaudio.com, because they're shipping information says that they were sent out the day after I placed my order. Now on to the product itself...

The Tork X2 helmet speakers run for about $50 for the pair. They are extremely thin, which makes it easy to install them on most full face helmets. I have a Shoei RF1100, which already comes with small indentures for speakers. However, the speakers seemed just a little too big to fit into the factory made spot. After a little bit of frustration and fidgeting, I was able to get them installed correctly.

They sound quality is good. Probably a 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Keep in mind, however, that I am a bit of an audiophile, and haven't bought a headset or set of speakers for less than $150 in the past 5 years. When it comes to the X2 speakers, $50 seems like a pretty good price for the sound quality. The higher and mid-range frequencies come through crystal clear, but the lower leave a bit to be desired. There is hardly any bass punch, but I feel that I won't get too much more without installing some sort of micro-woofer in the helmet. :p

There is enough volume to drown out the sound of the motorcycle (at least with a stock exhaust), but I could still hear sirens as they were approaching on my last ride. The acoustics and surround sound are well done. It feels as if the music is coming from all around the interior of my helmet, not just from a small circle next to my ear.

After installation, there is very little cord that actually sticks out from the bottom of the helmet, and it's extremely easy to tuck under the pads if you choose not to use it that day. The extension cord runs from the bottom of the helmet to your audio device, and is coiled. There is also a separate volume control that clips onto your jacket, but this can be bypassed if you'd just rather use a different cord.

Overall, I have given the product 4(out of 5) stars. While the sound quality is lacking for spoiled ears like mine, the price can't be beat. I would recommend purchasing for those who like to enjoy a little music while riding.
:cool:

TORKX2 - Tork X2 Helmet Speakers

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member