Black FZ6R with fender eliminator kit, r6s mirrors, proton turn signals PICTURES

PWJ

This thread is for anyone who wants to see what a bike looks like with a competition werkes fender eliminator kit on, proton turn signals and r6s mirrors. Also i removed all the stickers off the bike and reflectors. I am waiting on a puig windshield that is gonna be dark smoked but it is taking forever.
The competition werkes fender eliminator kit quality is good. The bracket bolted up in perfectly. The hardware they include is complete garbage, i bought my own nuts and washers and used stock screws. The turn signals are not amazing but they to the job. the license plate light work good giving it a nice color, you just need some industrial strength double sided tape to mount it. I also painted the bracket black to give it a more stealth look and covered all the exposed wires from the turn signals.
The proton turn signals come with wires sticking out of it and it is up to you to solder them. if you cant solder then don't bother doing any electrical upgrades to your bike. I also mounted them with the industrial double sided tape because their idea of a bracket sucks.
The r6s mirrors are the factory oem ones. They work good, you loose a little view directly behind you otherwise they work good. Buy from the factory otherwise they are garbage. The mirrors show only vibration when idling at a light when the motor is warmed up. Otherwise they work great. You do need to drill a hole in the mounting tab of the mirror, such thin metal to drill its sad to hear people are afraid of doing it. The reason they show vibration is my error in screwing them on too tightly as soon as i find time i will fix this.
Anyway the point is to give anyone interested a look to see what these 3 upgrades look like, i know i looked hard for them on here before i got them and could not find them with that easily. Any questions about the mods please ask away i will be glad to answer them.
Also i put up these pictures because THIS IS THE WAY THE BIKE SHOULD LOOK STOCK!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Stricken

Thanks for the pictures! My next project will be to change the mirrors. Thank you

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

When did you take the picture? Looks great since no one is around!

When are you doing your exhaust?

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks good!

PWJ

i took the pictures 3 weeks ago at my school siuc. I'm gonna get the two bros exhaust in march because its too late in the season to get it now.

bmw675

i took the pictures 3 weeks ago at my school siuc. I'm gonna get the two bros exhaust in march because its too late in the season to get it now.
nice, i went to siue. good to see some one else from the southern illinois on here.

jjb

The turn signals are not amazing but they to the job
Yea, I also have the CW fender eliminator, and been debating about using the stock turn signals instead of the ones that come with. But, I just got the proton flushmounts and need to see if the stock signals look ok with those on too.

Kind of bothers me that the front and back turn signals now blink at different rates. :disapprove:

PWJ

the reason the back turn signals blink so fast is because they dont have a capacitor in them to slow the power rate down. Again comp werkes crappy hardware negligence. If you buy one and solder it into your turn signals in the rear they will blink at the same rate. Yeah the roads down in southern illinois are amazing for riding, this is coming from someone who lived in chicago

Sage

I love the proton flushies even more now haha. idk if im going to do anything with the mirrors yet.

I'm from western illinois and go to college at mizzou, only a nice 4 hour ride from here or back home to some better roads.. there is nothing up here that is worthwhile.