Biker Wave with Right Hand

ylwf3vr

So.. was this brought up before? If so we can delete.. so here in the states.. we drive on the right side of the road. So waving with the left hand to oncoming biker.. yeah makes sense.. now what about you guys in England, Japan, Hong Kong, Austrailia? You all drive on the RIGHT side of the lane and I don't imagine you take your right hand off the throttle to wave?

FastFreddy

Normally I just nod. I normally wave with the left hand.

I've made hand signs which sometimes I don't even understand with both hands while riding.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

BKP

Can always stand on the pegs and twerk....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

BKP

:facepalm: Do we need to change your nickname to Miley?
Nah... I don't have enough of a chicken a$$ to qualify...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

danieljardim

You just have to disassemble and reassemble your bike with your left and right controls switched. Now, with your throttle on your left hand, you can wave to other bikers freely. I mean, let's face it, the only reason we ride motorcycles is to hopefully catch another friendly biker in the other lane we get to wave to.....
How many times you caught yourself wanting to wave motorcycles when you driving your car?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

On long trips I will relieve my right hand by putting my left arm over the tank shifting body position and use it to hold the throttle (don't try unless you are really comfortable with this, it offsets the balance of the bike and you have to know what and how to deal with it) and I will use the right hand to wave while in that position. :eek:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

sammy56

I prefer to moon people when I ride.....ha!

LB

latony007

Damn I thought the UK bikes did have the throttle on the left. Isnt that so you can draw your sword with your right hand?

My wife loves to do the waiving for me when I take her for a ride. Makes you feel like your part of a club.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member