Bike went over in a driveway tonight.

Osoreru

:( Went and visited some friends tonight, and their driveway is kinda sloped a little. Went to get off the bike, and apparently I didn't have the kickstand quite fully engaged, because it popped back up and over we went. I tried desperately to keep it from going over, but just couldn't do it.

Only a bruised knee on my part, and a few scuff marks on the bike. The front left blinker, front left handle, the left rider and passenger foot pegs, and the the round section of what I've always assumed is part of the engine all got scuffed up slightly. I think I lost a little bit of gas from the overflow valves too. Most of the damage isn't even really noticeable thank goodness. My pride and joy are hurt more than anything.

CrazyCawi

Sorry to hear bro, sounds like pride was the only thing to take a hit. Glad it was so minimal!

Osoreru

Sorry to hear bro, sounds like pride was the only thing to take a hit. Glad it was so minimal!
Yea. I've been told frequently it's one of those things that is unfortunately common and is bound to happen to everybody at some point.

I kinda need some advice on what to do about the scuffed up engine though. I'm not exactly sure how to go about buffing it out. So...if anybody has experience in it, I'd appreciate it.

ctgottapee

a frame slider helps keep the bike clean in that situation
my one drop proved its worth;
[i pulled my added center stand instead of the kickstand with my foot and let go]

Detrich

Sorry to hear about the mishap... Its happened to all of us. So don't feel too bad...

Forever black or Back to Black work really well too. That plus a silver sharpie (for metal parts) is great for touch-ups...

kevin8198

Elite Member

Osoreru

a frame slider helps keep the bike clean in that situation
my one drop proved its worth;
[i pulled my added center stand instead of the kickstand with my foot and let go]
The sad part there is that I've been meaning to order frame sliders ever since I got the bike, and I just haven't done it yet because money's been a little tight lately. They're now getting ordered on my next paycheck. The good news though is that if anything happens in the future with serious damage, I do have full coverage insurance.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes and advice, I need all the help I can get when it comes to takin care of the bike.

Osoreru

Sorry to hear about the mishap... Its happened to all of us. So don't feel too bad...

Forever black or Back to Black work really well too. That plus a silver sharpie (for metal parts) is great for touch-ups...

Would these be alright to use on this part of the engine since it gets so hot though? I read the descriptions for the Forever Black and Back to Black products, and they only mention that they're for vinyl and rubber and such, and the part I dinged a little is of course metal. I really don't know anything about either of them, but I usually try to be cautious and thorough when it comes to things like this so I don't mess anything up.

stevet

Sorry Osoreru about the accident. Yes, I guess it happens to all of us at some time. We do remember from our experiences and hopefully it will never happen again. Take some rubbing compound (polishing compound is for finer scratches) for car finishes and polish the scratches. You will be amazed at what comes out. Good luck!