Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

iaminsider

Pull your dipstick as well as the fill plug and give your oil a sniff. See if there is fuel in the crank case.

I am guessing you have cranked the engine quite a bit since it died? If so and you have fuel delivery still, I am willing to bet there is fuel in your oil from the lack of "bang". If that is the case, I feel safe to say you can rule out the fuel system.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

viffer800

So here's what's happened so far. Checked fuses didn't find a bad one. Checked line going into fuel rail and when I pulled it off gas came out so fuel is definitely going in. So I disconnected pc5 and tried to start. Pretty much the same as with the pc5. Here's the weird part, I tried starting with no throttle and it just cranks, then tried with throttle cracked open all the way while holding starter. Did the gurgle sound and then actual sounded as if it may try to turn over, but I saw a flash (it was outside and dark) and tried again. This time I held it and flames came out of the exhaust and even stayed burning for a couple secs after stopping the attempt. Any ideas? Didn't wanna keep trying at that point. Problem may be too much gas in there right now? Wonder if I should drain gas out of fuel rail and pull throttle bodies off?
Classic symptoms of a flooded engine, although the flames are a bit extreme. Fuel is obviously getting to the motor. From now on keep the throttle wide open when cranking. That ***may*** help clear it out - if you don't set the garage on fire first...

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here