Best Slip ON & Tire sites

fighter13

Just bought my 6R 2 days ago and looking at making a few changes. Hopefully I can get some help:

1. I want to put a slip on (ideally would love to do the whole exhaust but its not in the cards this year). I've been looking on craigslist and kijiji, but I want to know what bikes have a similar set up so I won't have to do too much retro fitting.

2. I read through a bunch of the tire threads and am even more confused then when I started. I need new tires, I do mostly city riding and am not overly aggressive, but occasionally I like to open her up on the weekend and get out of the city. I do avoid the rain as much as possible, basically I want a good around tire. And if you know any good sites that sell them at a good price.

Thanks for the help

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry, but you must not have used the search feature. There ARE NO slip-ons for this bike. It's either you buy a complete exhaust, or you cut the muffler off the stock exhaust and weld on a new can.

As for tires, figure out which brand you want first. Chances are someone has purchased them in the past and can offer you the best place to get them. Bike Bandit and Motorcycle Superstore are good places to start looking.

:admin:

danieljardim

I'm sorry, but you must not have used the search feature. There ARE NO slip-ons for this bike. It's either you buy a complete exhaust, or you cut the muffler off the stock exhaust and weld on a new can.

As for tires, figure out which brand you want first. Chances are someone has purchased them in the past and can offer you the best place to get them. Bike Bandit and Motorcycle Superstore are good places to start looking.

:admin:

:justkidding:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Wooster

Solomotoparts.com does offer 2 different types of "bolt on" pipes, but they are nothing but cosmetic and will do nothing for sound or power. As for a real exhaust, you basically have the Two Brothers, the M4, and then what Matry offers.

Can't help you with tires yet. I'm still on my first set of Brigstones.

fighter13

Have been reading a lot about people putting on the Two Brothers. I know I'm going to need to take it to a shop for welding, but could I attach this on without needing to bend pipes and too much playing around.

JSP

Super Moderator
Have been reading a lot about people putting on the Two Brothers. I know I'm going to need to take it to a shop for welding, but could I attach this on without needing to bend pipes and too much playing around.
You will need to bend the pipe to get it at the right angle. You will need to cut off the giant black box. Believe you will need a collector pipe for 4 into 1 and then weld it all up. Then try and mount that can on the side of the bike somehow with the hanger to support it.