benefit of stomp grips?

CrazyCawi

So for a street rider is there alot of benefit to stomp grip pads? Ive never seen the product in your guy's pictures on the bike....but I know alot of you have them. what do they do for an average street rider?

Briguy453

So for a street rider is there alot of benefit to stomp grip pads? Ive never seen the product in your guy's pictures on the bike....but I know alot of you have them. what do they do for an average street rider?
Basically increases grip by a large amount. I wear full leathers in the twisties, and that was slippery as all hell before I had the stompgrips and I thought I was gonna fall off the bike a few times. Have the stompgrips and I haven't had a problem with keeping my legs gripped onto the tank since.

b_who

for me it lets me keep my upper body more relaxed and planted. Also where i brake and barely use my arms to hold me upright just my legs and core and allows to hold the handle bar lighter which means allowing the steering to adjust and take more of the impact hitting bumps in the road. If you have watched twist of the wrist II DVD Keith code visually shows you the benefits of being light on the handle bars.

the best part for me is no more smashing my family jewels on the tank when i have to brake hard :surrender: lol

CrazyCawi

I dont have that dvd...I dont have any of those, I Wish I did. I think I might have to add this to my mod list. They look kinda goofy though

Briguy453

I dont have that dvd...I dont have any of those, I Wish I did. I think I might have to add this to my mod list. They look kinda goofy though
Just get the black ones, they look alright and they have model specifics. Or, go with techspec's.

CrazyCawi

techspec look better but seem more for show then actual use....stomp grips are on race bikes...techspecs are on show bikes lol

b_who

yea the acting is cheesy but the riding is definitively top notch and it is very informative video. It shows very practical and common situations and what to do and it has helped me progress greatly in my riding. I do recommend getting the twist of the wrist II book along with it because they do go hand in hand and help the lessons stick better. (at least for me)

Also another good read is Sport Rider Magazine's: Riding tips special editon mag that comes out once a year. They released a newer version a week or so ago that you can pick up most stores that carry Sport Rider Mags

CrazyCawi

Thanks bro

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

ajiribarren

Techspec Grips work great for street riding, you can relax your upper body a lot more. I went with Techspec in the XJ6 and couldn't be happier! In fact, I'm gonna install them in the new bike soon!

I've heard that StompGrips can be a bitch to install, and that they are overly aggresive on jeans and leathers, that's why I went with Techspec

RoadTrip

I have never used tank grips, gave it a lot of thought, but I actually like being able to slide from one position to another, I have never felt like I was gonna fall off the bike, even when hanging, guess I would have to try them to give a final verdict

iSpoolin

techspec look better but seem more for show then actual use....stomp grips are on race bikes...techspecs are on show bikes lol
I have the tech's on my Daytona and they are VERY grippy, and they don't put as much wear on your leathers as stomp grips do.

Detrich

i bought tech spec sheets to do custom cut-outs on the plastic area under the tank for the R6- ie just like i did for the 6R.

but, i've been dragging my feet applying them this time around. (already measured and did all the footwork.) reason-being, i'm second guessing how i feel about scuffing up my riding leathers again, because the grips definitely damage the knee/ inner thigh area of your suit. it will get scuff marks and lose its color.

i know it's part of riding etc etc. but, i love my new Pilot suit and hate to see it get all fucked up so soon. decisions, decisions... @_@

F

FZ6R_Blue

All i can say is GET STOMP GRIPS!!!! i'm riding without right now and it SUCKS after riding all year last year with

Bert-Aus

I found the limited amount of grip without anything was a bit discomforting, when pushing it over.
Sought out ProGrip and stuck them on the plastic panel below the tank, have been great and can not be seen when I'm riding

Have seen others with Stomp Grip on their tanks but I kind of think overkill for myself

CrazyCawi

post em tomorrow or else.