Became a home owner today

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

In process of converting to cfl and led lighting. Remodeling the master on suite bathroom to our liking and a new dishwasher is on its way, should be here on the 6th. Already put in a new sink and redid the plumbing to remove the garbage disposal and cleaned up the piping to be more efficient. Also put new door handles on the doors and electronic dead bolt for the front entry.

CrazyCawi

And I also removed the water filtration system built into the sink from the prior owner. Don't like em. Also got new shower heads on the bathrooms and hooked up the water softener(holy shit soft water is amazing) and replaced the furnace filter and cleaned the furnace. We are set to wire the chandelier in the entry way next weekend and also the matching one in the formal dining room.

CrazyCawi

Congrats on the first home. 4 bedrooms: - Master, spare, office & _______?

Do you have a back yard that you could maybe put a shed in specifically for the bike so you can use your garage for both cars?
Due to how many hours I work each week we chose a town home so an association takes care of our landscaping, garden, and grass. they also snow plow for us in the winter. so even though we have a nice yard, a shed isn't going to happen with this home. Our goal is to pay it down to about $75k and start renting it out and buy a nice split level home of equivalent size but also allowing us to have the shop I want, Ect. This will do for a first home :)

Last edited:

BoneJj

not too shabby. looking like a rather nice layout though the hotel looking furniture could use some updating, lol.

I do wish you good success with this house!

SpawnXX

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

not too shabby. looking like a rather nice layout though the hotel looking furniture could use some updating, lol.

I do wish you good success with this house!
its brand new lane furniture, pictures dont do it justice. Shit was expensive lol

BoneJj

its brand new lane furniture, pictures dont do it justice. Shit was expensive lol
really? color just isn't my style but if you like it then that's all that matters. As long as it's comfortable too.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

StarZero81

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

thanks everyone

BoneJj

I'd say that the shelving needs a bit of work but other than that not too bad... How much more room is on the other side of the car? Kind of hard to tell with the wide angle of the shot. looks like the garage is just barely 2 cars wide?

Since I've been looking at houses lately I've now come to the realization as to why my father was so adamant about making the garage a little more than 2.5 cars wide. lol.

I need the room for all my tools and benches and other stuff. I think I'm going to need a 3 car garage just for me to be able to store all my stuff and have enough room for my car, bikes, and whatever crazy woman I end up with. LOL.

CrazyCawi

Yeah the garage is smaller than to my liking but it will work for us. We plan to keep the home for about 5 years and then from then start renting it and purchase another home. In the current market In our area this home would rent for about $1600 a month and our Mortage is less than half of that.

CrazyCawi

That's quite the shelving setup in there.
Yeah I didn't build that...needs some work but currently remodeling the master on sweet bathroom it needed a bigger tub and it had those vinyl floor tiles that click together, so we are pulling the floor out and outing dura-rock up and putting the tile up.

BoneJj

Yeah the garage is smaller than to my liking but it will work for us. We plan to keep the home for about 5 years and then from then start renting it and purchase another home. In the current market In our area this home would rent for about $1600 a month and our Mortage is less than half of that.
That's not a bad deal... I can certainly respect that.
Yeah I didn't build that...needs some work but currently remodeling the master on sweet bathroom it needed a bigger tub and it had those vinyl floor tiles that click together, so we are pulling the floor out and outing dura-rock up and putting the tile up.
LOL, yeah, I would hope you have better skills for building stuff than that... LOL.

There are a lot of better solutions out there for shelving and even if you do decide to go with 2x4 supports I would hope that you do a lot cleaner look to it than that. It's hard to tell if they are actually leaning in some spots because of the wide angle but it looks like some of them have slacking issues.

Good luck on the bathroom as well, that's always a pain. If there is a room in the house that I hate to remodel more than any other it has to be the bathroom... LOL, it's just a royal pain in the butt. There is so much to do in such a little space. I will be helping my friend to redo his in a few months and it's going to be a royal pain as we have to rip the drywall and blue board out of a few sections because it all needs to be replaced, then comes the tile work to recover those areas....

Like I said, good luck and be sure to take your time with it and measure many times so you don't have to sit on the pot noticing all your little mistakes, lol.