Bar End Removal

ccobb575

I am trying to remove my "bar ends" so I can change out my grips. I dont know what I'm doing wrong, but I dont know what tool or how to get them off. Can anyone advise me of the best way to get these off. Any help would be appreciated.

i dont mean to be a smart ass but there is a hex screw, i think is what it's called.. Did you remove that?

i dont mean to be a smart ass but there is a hex screw, i think is what it's called.. Did you remove that?

I'm not taking any offense....i tried to use the allen head that came in the tool kit, but it seems to be to small....so i dont know.

Last edited:
Check the toolkit that came with a bike. Grab the allen wrench that fits the snuggest. Then my suggestion is take the silver "pipe" tool that is made to attach and add length to the wrench to adjust the suspension, slip that "pipe" over the end of the allen wrench to give you a little extra leverage, and then whack it with a hammer to break it loose. Mine were on there pretty tight, I had to use the leverage and the hammer to get it off.

In the yamaha provided tool kit you dont get the correct size hex key. Its an odd number like 7 or something i think

In the yamaha provided tool kit you dont get the correct size hex key. Its an odd number like 7 or something i think

That's what I thought cause there is no allen wrench in my tool kit that fits....the whole is to big for all of them. I guess I have to buy one from autozone or something.

I've taken mine off before. I used a set of allen wrenches I had at home. At walmart, they have a set of metric and standard for $1. I bought 4 kits.

Back