Bar End Mirrors/Block-Off Plates

JSP

Super Moderator
Ok so I took off the windscreen and the MIRRORS (OMG!) :D to get a feel for what it would look like when I do the windscreen chop and bar end MIRRORS (see: MIRRORS). ;)

I think it looks way meaner. I'm diggin it! Which makes me cool ya? :p I did a run with the mirrors on but no screen and it was actually really nice. More wind of course but no buffeting what-so-ever. Went to about 75 and didnt notice any real push on my chest. Just nice clean air.

I REALLY like the look of it with no mirrors as well. Throw some bar ends on there and we are good to go.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

There isnt much to cover after removing the mirrors... Just two black pan heads or socket head or whatever would be fine. Or cut out a small little black plate to cover the whole thing.

micigniter

Mmmm...k! You directly linked MSF with mirrors... ok. Not trying to get rid of all the mirrors. Still want a mirror, and I may do both bar ends instead of one, we will see. Didnt know it was a popularity contest and I was trying to be cool (you guys do think im cool right??? RIGHT???) Its my bike, my choice. I understand the negative effects of not having mirrors. I WILL HAVE MIRRORS mommy!

So then you move to bike mutilation and your dislike of the bar end mirrors... thats your opinion and nothing more. Where do we stand now? Did I bite again? Or am I in the boat yet? :surrender: Love you too :hug:

You will love these next pictures then!!!
wow. i had to re read that a couple times and let it all soak in. wow.

JSP

Super Moderator

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Ok so I took off the windscreen and the MIRRORS (OMG!) :D to get a feel for what it would look like when I do the windscreen chop and bar end MIRRORS (see: MIRRORS). ;)

I think it looks way meaner. I'm diggin it! Which makes me cool ya? :p I did a run with the mirrors on but no screen and it was actually really nice. More wind of course but no buffeting what-so-ever. Went to about 75 and didnt notice any real push on my chest. Just nice clean air.

I REALLY like the look of it with no mirrors as well. Throw some bar ends on there and we are good to go.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

There isnt much to cover after removing the mirrors... Just two black pan heads or socket head or whatever would be fine. Or cut out a small little black plate to cover the whole thing.
I'm definitely digging the after pics. I think a shorty windscreen would add a touch of cleanliness to it though. Since I'm only rocking one mirror now due to a moving company being careless with my bike I've been in the market for new mirrors. I was just going to get Trojans again but bar end mirrors look nice IMO.

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks. Once I get a couple things this weekend, I will work on chopping my screen down. It should finish it off nicely!

joloy133

I like what you've got going there. When you trim the windshield you can consider a different shape up top. Some of the streetfighter sites have really low screens, some level across the top, etc. (Some guys like the stock look, some like making it more an individual thing........me.) Keeping it low and painted.....mean looking.

jotapeh

don't mind the after pics but I can't help but feel like you will get skewered like a stuck pig on the pokey bits if you ever have to slam on the front brake real hard

that said it does look pretty tough.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Will look more compact for sure, now once that's done and you finally get your FE (homemade or bought) it will def. take on it's own look. :D

One more thought, photoshop your FE on, then photoshop your front fender black, see what that does for ya.
Yeah! A FE will be sweet. I'll eventually get or make one. I'll do the photoshop tonight at home where i have a better program than MS Paint :D

JSP

Super Moderator
Going to look better with the black spring in the back too I think. I'll PS that tonight as well. (which i suck at)

Damn, a rear hugger would make it look sick as hell too probably! AHHHH!!!!!

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Ok! Well, here is a photoshop of the front fender black and the rear spring black. I have a black spring on the way so that will look good. Not sure about the fender though? Took forever to PS the damn thing :mad: im not so good at this. Couldnt figure out how to do the FE though.

Thoughts? Fender wouldnt look bad if ther was a black hugger in the back.

JSP

Super Moderator
The more I look at that damn fender the more im liking it haha, thanks DART! :D Has the yellow R1 look goin on now. Dont wanna spend the money to buy a black one or get this one painted though, so it will have to stay yellow for now :(

nlpyle

Finally got my right mirror on. Now I am legal in the WA state:steve:
After buying to different kinds of rubber hoses I came back to my best friend, black electrical tape.

When yo recieve your mirrors if you choose to go that route, you will have two different sizes of inserts. Just take the small one, wrap some tape around it till you get that size that fits snug inside the bar and tighten down the screw. Nice tight fit. Hopefully helpful.

Attachments

CDN6R

I for one really like bar end mirrors too,,,for me it is a classic look. I am going to do this to my FZ6 in the near future. BTW do they buzz or vibrate at highway speed? Are images fairly clear? Thanks Laurie

CDN6R

Ok! Well, here is a photoshop of the front fender black and the rear spring black. I have a black spring on the way so that will look good. Not sure about the fender though? Took forever to PS the damn thing :mad: im not so good at this. Couldnt figure out how to do the FE though.

Thoughts? Fender wouldnt look bad if ther was a black hugger in the back.
Front fender looks good to me and yes a black hugger in back would be that cats a$$.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Dnmmmm... every once in a while, I have an eye for things like this... that would look sick... I wonder if you could get a front fender off a wrecked machine to see it IRL painted black.... pictures are a great way to start, but to see it up close (and from afar) would really seal the deal.
I think I would like it a flat matte black like the rest of the black on the bike. Not a HIGH gloss like a raven fender. Would prob be really easy to just sand it and spray with matte black paint haha. Melissa would kill me if I went that far though!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah that would be best. Anyone got a fender they dont want? haha

Newmason

I ordered some r6 block off plates off of amazon tonight. I am hoping the 2nd hole I had to drill for the r6s mirrors will line up with these block off plates. I have decided to go with a bar mount mirror. Here in ohio we only need 1 to be legal. I am going to give it a try and see how it looks compared to the r6s mirrors which get in the way of my clutch and brake levers. And trust me I have tried adjusting both so that the levers wont hit but some how at a full turn to the left or the right they catch the lower side of the mirrors! Even messing with the handlebar position doesnt cure it. Off with there heads!