Bad vibrations

CrazyCawi

plz tell me how much of a diff the grips make for you

Reactions: JSP

tnd2

plz tell me how much of a diff the grips make for you
Im interested as well.

The 17t came in today, but im planning on synching the throttles this Sat, then heading out Sunday for a 4hr ride, if they were off i'll wait on changing the gear until I get back. I also picked up some Pro Grip 699's to compare to my Driven Grippy grips.

bigddy263

532 miles yesterday. No vibe problems. I am also using a crampbuster. It is well worth the $10.

bobski

Hey bigddy . . this will seem dumb, but what is the Crampbuster and how does it work?

bigddy263

CDN6R

That is very cool CDN6R . . can you provide details on the bar end mirrors please (brand, where purchased, cost). My right hand is always falling asleep on longer rides and I have the same issue with many in seeing directly behind me with the stock mirrors . . so your solution might address both of those issues for me with one simple mod? I just installed a pair of ProGrip 714 gel grips and will test ride them today and will post results in reducing hand vibes. Cheers.
Hey Bobski.. These mirrors are just like the ones I have,although they are from a different seller. Mine were more $$ because they were sent by air and I got them in less than a week. Our handle bar is 7/8 inches diameter

Bar End Mirror Motorcycle Front Black Ninja ZZR Tourer | eBay

bobski

Hey Cautious Corner . . 714's feel softer but I can still feel a little buzz in the throtle hand, but no hand going to sleep around town. Haven't had them out for an hour run on the hwy yet, that will be the real test and I'll post again after I do that (probably within the next week). The vibe I was getting was hardly even noticable, but enough of the right frequency to numb my hand . . so I don't think the 714's need to do very much to have a positive effect. I'll let you know.

tnd2

We skipped the ride since it was raining where we were headed. So I took off this afternoon for a hour ride on some back roads with a few steady 60mph sections. The vibe's were better than before, but there's still room for improvement. I'll swap out the Driven Grippy grips for the Pro Grip 699's and see how that works. As a side note I took her Spyder out for a 30 min spin and noticed my throttle hand got numb before I got back, maby the issue is me and not the FZ6R?