Back...

Raelcreve

Sorry for the absence...three weeks to the day I got my bike, a truck pulled out in front of me and when I grabbed the brakes at 40 mph, the bike STOPPED. I did not. The bike did a 270 degree flip in the air, landed on it's tail and catapulted me onto the pavement. Yes, at 40 mph. I got up and walked away, I was wearing full gear except for knee pads. Went to the doctor's (no ambulance, no emergency room), got X-rays and found out I had a broken left knee cap. After a month in a splint and some rehab on both knees, I'm still a little slow (can't kneel) but back in the saddle again, as it were.

The bike had $2000 worth of damage (landed on it's tail, the fell on it's side), but most of the replacements came in the form of aftermarket parts, it was all cosmetic, no mechanical damage. So now the bike looks the way I want and I've been "learning" to ride a street bike.

Whoever says the front brakes on this bike aren't powerful enough needs to ride the bike first.

At any rate, I'm back and hope to contribute a bit...I'm in OKC so if there are any other FZ6R owners out here, we should hook up and ride.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you're back. Hope things get back to normal.

JonKerr

Elite Member