Autotune Install help

ajiribarren

So I finally hooked everything to the bike, the PCV and Autotune. Everything seemed to work as planned, I even managed to locate the modules under the passenger seat.

But when I connect the PCV to the computer and I enable the Autotune, the AFR doesnt change from 0.0, even after waiting 60 seconds for the Autptune to start sampling. According to Dynojet a Can bus terminal needs to be connected to the unused port of the Autotune. Is connected, but still cant get a reading of the AFR.

The question i want to ask is if anyone can share some information on their installs to see If i have done something wrong.

Cheers

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ajiribarren

Jeeves who? :confused:

Anyway, moral of the story "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

When I received the PCV, I did the firmware upgrade to version 1.04. After the install, I saw that I wasn't getting any AFR reading, and checked the connections several times without any luck.

But the most suspicious thing is that, after several hours trying to diagnose the AFR problem, I realized that I wasn't getting any signal either for Throttle Position!! Of course I was pissed :rant: Started to think I got a faulty unit and I was cursing that I might need to return the unit to the vendor in the US, and only thinking about shipping charges, delivery times, etc was giving me an ulcer.

But searching in other forums, I found an user that had the exact same problem and the solution was a firmware upgrade. Since I already tried that several times, I went to dynojet uk websiste and found the previous firmware.

I downgraded the firmware to 1.02 and voila! Started to get an AFR reading and could calibrate my throttle properly and everything!

Won't be touching the firmware again for sure!!!!

On the other hand, uploaded one of Marthy's maps.... HOLY CRAP! :eek::eek::eek: I might trim his map since I'm looking to improve my horrendous fuel economy, but Jesus Christ! He's done a hell of a job!! :D

Deanohh

Last summer when I installed autotune on my FZ1, I called Dynojet help because I was getting no throttle readings, etc. He walked me through the firmware install after making sure I had the latest upgrade to the pcv program on my pc.

Then I installed the firmware upgrade again while he was on the phone. Then he said to install it again. and then install it again... 3 times. Keep going with 'continue' if you get any error messages while installing, then install again. He said that sometimes there are some files that dont install the first time but they are picked up during the 3 times in a row installation. When I plugged into the bike and started up the program, all the parameters appeared in the column on the right side and was working. After that he had me calibrate the throttle (one of the setup menus) with the bike running and plugged in to the pc to make sure that was right and since then everything worked fine. Later, when I hooked up the temperature wire, that worked also.

Their help guy was very good at getting me going.

As I went, it seemed like the autotune was leaning out too much during steady freeway riding because I'd get a momentary hesitation once in a while while cruising, I think it constantly "searches" for corrections there is some automatic trial and error. So after I let it run for a few rides, I saved the autotune adjustments to make a new map and set the autotune to limit adjustment to 10 percent. After that, no problems and I probably could have turned the autotune off because by then the map corrections were small and the map was pretty close to ideal anyway.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member