ATGATT yeah but.......have you ever ?

joloy133

Anybody else besides me ever ridden without the gear? I'm talking T-shirt, shorts, sneakers. Riding the iron horse, feeling that emotion which is why we ride in the first place, before reason and rational fear? Just asking,........if you never have then don't !!!!!!!!!! This is for all transgressors like me. Please no atgatt speaches........theres enough of that and you're 100% correct.

DakinechicK

Nope. I have a pretty smokin' body and I'd rather keep it that way for a really long time. :p

I'm really not full of myself....

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ChUcK

Yup. Once, when moving apartments, I had to get my Rebel 250, my Shadow 750, and my Mean Streak 1500 over to my new place. Somehow I messed up the whole "oats, chicken, and fox" routine and had to drive the Shadow about 5 miles wearing shorts, shoes, t-shirt, and shades. Sketchiest ride of my life.

I went on a 200 mile trip helmetless in SCarolina, and that definitely is the way bikes were meant to be ridden, with your hair flying in the breeze. If only it wasn't so damn risky...

I never wore overpants until I bought my fz6r, and it's getting to the point where I feel naked without them. I'm rapidly approaching the atgatt acronym.

Sage

Helmet minimum for a short ride to warm stuff up to lube the chain or something, but anywhere past my neighborhood is everything but boots (don't have any..)

Tmak73

I always wear a jacket helmet gloves at the minimum. Got some full leathers that I throw on when I am going on a longer ride and still need to invest in some boots.

TigerGenetics

Longer trips I'm usually geared up. Back and forth to gym, store, class, I'm will go with shorts, t-shirt, and helmet. ALWAYS a helmet. I know I should gear up all the time though, so if anything happens, I can only blame the moron in the mirror.

On a similar note, I went to my class tonight in jeans, t-shirt and helmet. After being there for about an hour, I hear something outside, a severe thunderstorm that blew in.....needless to say, my 5 mile ride home SUCKED. Rain hurts when you hit about 35mph, even worse at 60mph :eek:

Maybe that was my reminder to just gear up all the time from now on.

ajskillz13

Always with helmet, mostly with gloves because it just feels better... but...

I rode last week in the heat with a golf shirt and dress pants to work. Looked dorky, but was very comfortable. I won't ride with shorts. Any sort of pant is my minimum. I try to ride with at least jacket and jeans unless it's a short trip like my commute to work.

I understand the ATGATT talk, and it probably is more important in some areas of riding, but I'm learning that it can be a bit overkill where I live. Give me some canyons and I'll be suited up.

However, I really hate seeing people riding in flip-flops and shorts. That's my definition of a squid. How can you shift up with a bare foot???

I understand how some guys on here give the under-dressed riders on the So Cal canyons grief, but don't come into my boring town and clown on me for wearing tennis shoes with jeans when I run into town for some ice cream.

anson650

In my misspent youth, on a bike just like the one in my picture I rode route 9 out of Santa Cruz to a cabin north of Boulder Creek. My long hair blowing in the breeze. I do it every once in a while now just to see if it still feels as good. Only now I can't stand the wind noise.
Anson

But I always wear gloves.

CrazyCawi

I rode up the the grocery store, litterally 2.5 blocks away drive time and one cross street in between my apartment and the grocery store. Did it feel good, hell yes, I had my gloves on and my oakleys rockin out...I felt pretty sexy IMO....

But Id be scared shitless hitting any corners or going more than just a mile or two, with that risk I may not make it home because of no gear. So beyond the grocery store 2.5 blocks away...Im ATGATT :)

DakinechicK

:needpics:

lol... :justkidding:... no, seriously... you brought it up,

:needpics:

.... o.k. back to the OP question... didn't start with full gear (still need to get riding boots instead of cheap boots)... but I've never done tshirt and shorts, not even up the road after maintenance for a short test ride.
I don't want to offend or putoff anyone. :eek: Sometimes some can be sensitive to those sorts of things.

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

still...no pictures :( lol

CrazyCawi

now just turn around and post. I promise not to report it :thumbup: Ill be to busy "oggling" hahaha but im certainly kidding so you know :)

Last edited:

Fugu

I always wanted to try it. I had a friend who took his bike around the corner to go to the pool in just a bathing suit. He ended up behind a gravel truck and when he got to the pool his chest was covered in blood so he decided not to swim. I've been hit by gravel as well and it took out pieces of the helmet.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Chucker

Back in the '80s I added a helmet to whatever I normally wore. I would only add what was needed to keep me warm. Helmet, T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers was the most I wore most of the summer.

That's not the case now. I'm either smarter or more of a fraidy cat now.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

I typically ride around my small town in Helmet, Gloves, Tshirt, MC vest, and skate shoes. Sometimes pants, sometimes shorts. Depends on where I am going and how far a ride it will be.