• >8500

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

I've got 7500 on the stockers and the rear has had a plug in it since my bike had 600 miles on it.

iSpoolin

My FZ had stock tires when I got it, and when I sold it the same tires were still on it :lol:

The Daytona still has stock tires at 6100 miles now, but they will be getting replaced over winter, I have about two good rides left on em and it'll be to wear bars. Shoulda been sooner but the guy who had it before me babied the damn thing :lol:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deadhead

My rear need replacing after less than 5k! I can't afford it, so they're likely to run on to around 5,5k (aka, pay day).

I've done a lot of motorway riding, and I living in where I do I often ride down a lot of gravel tracks (street bike on gravel with ABS... Interesting). They were starting to get square around 4k miles, and the central tread was illegally shallow by 4,8k. I was under the impression the stock Roadsmarts were a dual compound touring tyre, and expected them to last to at least 7k. At £140 normal retail price, I was hoping they would.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I put a little over 10k on the stock FZ tires. On the stock R6 tires, they are dead on me at 3,500 miles... :(

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Wow! I'm keeping the 6R! Do you really need that sticky of a tire for street riding? Or you hit the track every now and then? I would try a good ST tire for my type of riding. Dang! 3500 miles... :(

Nope, just all street. I am definitely going with an ST tire with dual compound. A lot of the riding we do, we have to ride long, long straights to our favorite riding spots. I have also been riding with my Dad and Grandpa a lot and they are on cruisers, so I dont get to really push the bike in the corners much without leaving them in the dust. :surrender: I also commute on it. Not very far anymore since I moved right next to my work. So a good sport touring tire is going to be slapped on soon. I was pissed seeing how bald they are compared to the 6R. 10k plus miles will be much welcomed again.

findmadhav

Nope, just all street. I am definitely going with an ST tire with dual compound. A lot of the riding we do, we have to ride long, long straights to our favorite riding spots. I have also been riding with my Dad and Grandpa a lot and they are on cruisers, so I dont get to really push the bike in the corners much without leaving them in the dust. :surrender: I also commute on it. Not very far anymore since I moved right next to my work. So a good sport touring tire is going to be slapped on soon. I was pissed seeing how bald they are compared to the 6R. 10k plus miles will be much welcomed again.

I met this guy with a 2007 FZ6 the other day at cyclegear. The FZ6 also comes stock with the Bridgestone Batlax (the stock tires for FZ6R). He said he got around 7-7.5k miles on them. The he switches to Bridgestone BT023 and he has already got 10K miles on them and still going strong. The BT023s are good sport touring tires you can think of.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

swapped the stock BT023's out at 5200 miles for Q2's. the stocks weren't completely gone, but flat enough where i felt good changing them... i no longer do all day rides anymore, so hopefully that should help with the tread life. it's also been suggested to me to just budget on getting new tires every 5k miles. and, that makes sense, because squeezing life outta tire tread is not the same as squeezing the last of the toothpaste outta the tube. i feel that for safety reasons, it's just not worth pushing it on balding tires- ever. when in doubt, change them out.