Arrow Exhaust

btastarsky

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that Arrow Products (based in Italy) is another company that makes and exhaust system for our bikes. The dealer where I bought my bike said that they would get me the system for $750. A bit cheaper than the two bros and it comes all the way out and back like a normal exhaust system. If you go to the Arrow site (..: Arrow Special Parts :..), click products, then research, yamaha, xj6 you will find both the race/gp style and the normal can style. As soon as I get a new job, I plan on putting this system on. If it sounds anything like the FZ6 system, it will be worth the money and a nice alternative to the few other options we have. I would upload the pics on here, but FireFox and the Arrow website dont agree. Lemme know if anyone already has this system cuz I wanna hear it.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm....

Based on the respective dyno charts, the FZ6R has more hp with the TBR versus the Arrow exhaust, yielding 74 hp compared to 72 hp. Now there is undoubtedly variability between the dyno's themselves, as well as the bikes and other extenuating circumstances. So the total hp output is not a great indicator. But seeing that each exhaust system added approximately 6 hp over the baseline run in stock form, I would say they are matched up performance wise. So it will all come down to whether you prefer the looks and sounds of one over the other.

angelsneverlose

humm arrows always seems to have deep/good sounding exhausts like TBR's... this could end up being what i get as its a little cheaper! I wonder how the sound compares and install etc...

any videos of it or pics of it installed yet?

Last edited:

btastarsky

This is the standard system with carbon fiber end cap. My dealer said he'd get this system for me for $750. I like how the arrow's sound on the fz6, which should sound similar on the 6r. Opinions?

Attachments

phocoyote7

Got excited till I saw the pic w/on bike. It's not bad, looks a little unproportional. Still think TBR is best option IMO, and worth the extra $. Only negative thing I can say about TBR, is that is close to the footpeg like stock exhaust, would like further back like on arrow. There has been a few times that I can feel it (with stock that is).

Also not sure if common on bikes, as this is my first bike. When I come to a stop man can I feel the heat pooring off the engine on the inner thighs and seat. Is that on any bike?

Arrow would be my second choice though.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the heat while stopped is natural.

angelsneverlose

do you guys think this or the leo would be quiter then the TBR? Thats one of the things im kinda afraid of...

im liking this this arrow exhaust though but i sure wish i could here it first! Same with the leo vince!

joloy133

Honestly, any exhaust mod is bound to be better than stock. Better sound and performance, the degree between all the reputable companies seem small. Pick a 'busa, GXR, or R1 and listen to the respective U-tubes or compare dyno values for all the top name manufacturers to verify. Unless you line up side by side for comparisons you won't know the difference, much less remember them anyway.

Last edited:

btastarsky

The motor for our bike is the same as the fz6, with the exception being the fuel maps and the exhaust system length. It will sound almost the same between the two. If you wanna hear what an arrow system sounds like on an fz6, check youtube. IMO it sounds pretty damn nice. Maybe a bit deeper than a 2br. I will post a youtube video once i get this arrow system in a couple of months.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The motor for our bike is the same as the fz6, with the exception being the fuel maps and the exhaust system length. It will sound almost the same between the two. If you wanna hear what an arrow system sounds like on an fz6, check youtube. IMO it sounds pretty damn nice. Maybe a bit deeper than a 2br. I will post a youtube video once i get this arrow system in a couple of months.
Actually, I believe the FZ6R engine is based off the YZF R6 engine platform, only in a de-tuned form.

btastarsky

You are correct sir. I thought that I had read that the fz6 also shared our revised old gen r6 motor. But the fz6 has a revised current gen r6s motor. Still, should sound just about the same. I don't think there would be much difference between the two motors.

angelsneverlose

anyone gonna get this...?

would the weight being on the side really be that noticeable? or not really?

think its quiter then the TBR? does the TBR have a silencer type thing to quite it down a little? im just afraid because i heard it was like wake the dead loud...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
anyone gonna get this...?

would the weight being on the side really be that noticeable? or not really?

think its quiter then the TBR? does the TBR have a silencer type thing to quite it down a little? im just afraid because i heard it was like wake the dead loud...
The TBR is not wake the dead loud. However, if you got the exhaust and felt it was too loud, there is a silencer or dB killer for it.

joloy133

Noticeable only to an experienced rider. Not significant to the point you can't ride or control the bike, not all bikes are laterally balanced 50/50 anyway. Remember, gyroscopic forces when power is sent to the wheels provide stability. At slow speeds are when imbalance issues are most noticed.

angelsneverlose

The TBR is not wake the dead loud. However, if you got the exhaust and felt it was too loud, there is a silencer or dB killer for it.
thanks man, i know you answered this samew question for me;), just dont wanna drop $850 and then not like it - know what i mean?:eek:

im new to bikes hints some basic questions...., but i think my exhaust choice will either be this or TBR!? oh trhe decisions...:rant:

wish them had an example of the arrows on our bikes.. or a xj6 atleast

btastarsky

njdan:

As i stated at the beginning of the thread, I plan on ordering mine through the dealership where i bought the bike. This is your best bet, since they will usually work with you on the prices. Everything I buy through my dealer is at least 10% cheaper than what I see on websites just from discounts that they give me. They are usually willing to lower their markup on products if your are or will be a repeat/frequent customer (especially when you drop $8500 on a brand new bike and keep coming back for new gear). My icon jacket was $180 everywhere on the net that i found it. My dealerships price: $153 after taxes. Building a good relationship with your dealership will save you a tremendous amount of money in the long run. The sooner you establish that rapport, the better.

SiGPiGomer

Will someone please post some pictures of this exhaust on the FZ6R. I cant tell if I like this exhaust or not. If someone already owns this exhaust, then please post some pictures. I would like to hear what it sounds like.:needpics: