Apparently I suck at zippers

• Thread starter Deleted member 9794
  • Start date

Do you break zippers?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 9794

:rant:
So I have had 3 motorcycle jackets (1 Tourmaster and 2 Speed & Strength) and I keep breaking the pull tabs off of the zipper pulls! Am I the only one that does this? Do I suck that bad at using zippers? Are the zipper manufacturers cutting costs in all the wrong places? Do I need to write a letter to YKK? :mad:

I always end up getting the lanyard replacements as a fix but now I'm thinking that "I" might be the problem. :facepalm:

I never even knew they sold these til I happened across them in Wal-Mart a few years ago.

JSP

Super Moderator
You are not alone. I broke the pull tab on my SS Jacket. I tied some small para cord through it. No clue they made those! Thanks!

SpawnXX

Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cloudfire

I did that this past week with my jacket. Thing is, it broke while I was wearing it and it got stuck. So, what do i do? I pull out my Gerber multitool and proceed to try to yank the zipper down. Ended up popping the metal loop off the zipper. Sooo, I don't think those little pully ropes will stay on. Now if anyone knows a place that can do a good job actually fixing a zipper in North-Central Tennessee, please let me know.

BKP

My riding buddy pulled the tab off his Speed and Strength jacket on a recent ride... In fact, I think I have a pic of him trying to get it back on, somewhere...

Seems S&S has a particular issue...

I own two Tourmaster jackets (one is a Cortech, but is a Tourmaster product), a Dianese, a Firstgear, and an Icon Contra (which is for sale on this board somewhere) and have never had a zipper issue (and these jackets are rife with zippers).

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

DragonBlu

A bar of soap or some wax works wonders on a new zipper for lube. Try it, you'll like it. Zippers are like a fine lady,you have to stroke them gently.

Last edited:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

It was about 30 degrees when it broke and the zippers are stiff, I don't recall what it was like when I broke the other two. On the Tourmaster I actually broke the main zipper and both pocket zippers, so far just the main zipper on the S&S.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Jeez, you guys are rough on zippers. Im actually just gunna add a paracord knot on mine to make it easier to grab with winter gloves. Otherwise its been years since I broke one, just gotta be smooth with em. Then again I usually dont buy cheap items.(not that yalls are, just i usually spend too much)

BoneJj

wow, I have yet to have these issues you guys speak of. knocks on wood. I really hope I never do. If so I would say paracord is the way to go for replacement, don't want to put a metal ring on there as it will certainly scratch something it shouldn't.