Anyone take the decals off your Raven FZ6R?

JoshF

Just got my Raven FZ6R. It's my 1st bike ever so I am psyched beyond beleif.

I'm thinking about removing the FZ6R decal to go into full stealth mode. If anybody has done this please post a pic.

Josh

Attachments

JoshF

Sweet! How did you get them off?

Roaddawg

I used my wife's blow dryer. Heated them up some and them just began slowly pulling one corner up. The left side came off easy with no residue (about 2 minutes). The right was a pain in the butt (about 20 minutes). Got decal off, but it left all the adhesive. Just had to rub it and pick at it. Took a little while. WD40 also helped some. Goof off would probably help too. I think the bike looks so much better without the red decals. I like the "Yamaha" and tank emblems, so those stay.

flyingminno

Yeah hair dryer got them off for me, just make sure you use a soft cloth when removing the remaining adhesive. Also, use a good amount of heat the entire time you're pulling off the sticker, that will minimize the amount of residue. I also removed the Yamaha badge on the tank, that was the most time consuming to remove the residue haha.

Stricken

I took mine off and also painted the forks black! looks 2x nicer!

JoshF

JonKerr

Elite Member

njdan

I want t see the pic too, I was thinking of painting my forks over the winter and want to see what this looks like.

Stricken

JoshF

That's a nice looking machine.

CGENGO

What type of paint did you use on the forks? Did you sand them first? Did you seal it?

fzbrooke

I used my wife's blow dryer. Heated them up some and them just began slowly pulling one corner up. The left side came off easy with no residue (about 2 minutes). The right was a pain in the butt (about 20 minutes). Got decal off, but it left all the adhesive. Just had to rub it and pick at it. Took a little while. WD40 also helped some. Goof off would probably help too. I think the bike looks so much better without the red decals. I like the "Yamaha" and tank emblems, so those stay.
That is so funny I had the same experience with left and right side! The left came right off, the right was pick pick pick little pieces at a time, true PITA!

Attachments