anyone know how to adjust the headlight?

R

Ryan T

Yes, there are screws on the inside of the fairing where the lights are that will adjust the headlight.

See the attachment for details.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

A1A

I've had two cars make right hand turns in front of me and I've only had the bike for three days. I couldn't get the attachment link to work for me. So I was hoping somebody could show the adjusting points? Maybe just explain where the verticle adjuster is for the headlight?

Thanks!

Superzoom

Hi Richard,

Hope you're enjoying the new bike! Unfortunately, those people turning in front of you are just lousy drivers, and the headlight adjustment may or may not help for that. In fact, if your headlight is properly adjusted, it will seem LESS bright to people in cars, as the light cutoff is only approx. 34" from the ground. Some people have adjusted their headlights higher for better night lighting and conspicuity, although I find people will flash you their high beams at night, thinking you have high beams on.

Regardless, here is how you adjust your headlight (although this is from memory, and I'm not in front of my bike).

The adjuster screws are on the back side of the front fairing, on either side of the headlight. You don't need to remove the fairing to access them, although they are slightly awkward to reach.

Get down beside the front of your bike, possibly with a flashlight, and look up from below the front fairing and find the rear of your headlight (should be easy to spot with a black connector cable coming out of it). So just a few inches from the bottom left of the headlight is a hex head bolt (I don't recall the size, but it's tiny, between 5/16 and 7/16"?). This is your vertical (height) adjuster for the headlight. Turn it counter-clockwise to raise the headlight beam. Turn it clockwise to lower. It's a fine adjustment, so it takes a lot of turns to make a difference.

The horizontal (side-to-side) adjuster is a few inches from the top right of the headlight. Turn it counter-clockwise to aim it left, clockwise for right.

I used a tiny wrench to make the adjustment, although a small socket might work.

Now here is how to adjust your headlight height (apologies if you already know this)...

Put your bike on a flat surface 25' from a wall. Measure the height from the ground to the center of your headlight (when the bike is vertical). Now transfer this measurement to the wall with a tape mark. Now put another tape mark 3" below the first mark. This new mark will be your top cutoff for the headlight.

Turn on your bike headlight and aim it at the lower tape mark on the wall. Use your wrench to adjust the sharp headlight cutoff until it matches the tape mark.

Take the bike out at night and see if you're happy with the adjustment. You may want to aim it slightly higher to see farther.

Superzoom

Yes, there are screws on the inside of the fairing where the lights are that will adjust the headlight.

See the attachment for details.

I hope this helps.
The link to the diagram is for a twin headlight. Is it for the FZ6? The FZ6R has a single headlight.

A1A

Good information Superzoom,
I found that the bulb was pointing way down and never adjusted by the Dealer. I have had this happen to me before on my FJR 1300. Both light bulbs were pointing straigh down on the FJR too. Cars were turning right in front of me then too. So from past experience I kind of fiquired the same thing was going on with the FZ6r.
So thanks very much for your assistance my friend.