Anyone have one of these

chopper71

Just found that the rubber gasket under the gas tank cap is tore some. I don't need the whole gas cap assembly and I can't find where to buy just the gasket. If anyone has a spare please let me know or point me to where I can buy just the rubber gasket.

mike

Just found that the rubber gasket under the gas tank cap is tore some. I don't need the whole gas cap assembly and I can't find where to buy just the gasket. If anyone has a spare please let me know or point me to where I can buy just the rubber gasket.
Not looking good for just buying seal. I looked all over and can't seem to just find the seal. im pretty sure the r6 and r1 would be the same but still i didnt find anything...Good luck!

chopper71

Not looking good for just buying seal. I looked all over and can't seem to just find the seal. im pretty sure the r6 and r1 would be the same but still i didnt find anything...Good luck!
Thanks Mike I appreciate you taking your time and trying to help me. I will probably just have to breakdown and buy the whole set up.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

chopper71

Just searched Partzilla which is where I usually buy parts, gaskets, etc. They show blow up detailed drawings and there is no gasket listed, so it must be part of the cap assembly. That's my best guess.
It is , was just hoping to find it without all of the cap assembly.

xorbe

Can you get gasket material and cut one out of similar shape? I'm not near my bike at the moment, so I can't take a peek at what we're talking about here.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

chopper71

Yamaha trying to nickle and dime us. Doesn't appear so. maybe you can make your own. Don't want to buy a new cap assembly. They run about $120. You should look thorough some of the parts by looking at the diagrams. I was shocked how much some parts are on there. Fuel pump is almost $300. Now I know why guys part out their bikes. LOL! Worth more then the whole. Hope you find something.
Scott you hit the nail right on the head !!!!WHACK A MOLE!!!! Yeah they definitely are very high with their OEM stuff. I will try to make one, I only need the ring part that the bolts go through. So maybe it will be a easy fix. I have this stuff called sugru that its a moldable glue that turn into rubber. Very good stuff. Here is a link if anyone is interested. I've used this stuff for about 3 years and comes in handy.

https://sugru.com/

buzzbomb

Elite Member