Anyone have Givi E21 hard saddlebags on their bike?

Superzoom

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting my bike up for sport touring. I was wondering if anyone has the Givi E21 sidecases on their bike. I'll probably be mounting them with SW-Motech sidecase racks. I'll probably be buying it all from Twistedthrottle, unless you have better suggestions. I'm in Toronto.

I'd love to know how they work and how the installation went.

I'm probably also going to mount a big Givi topcase as well.

bjpinub

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting my bike up for sport touring. I was wondering if anyone has the Givi E21 sidecases on their bike. I'll probably be mounting them with SW-Motech sidecase racks. I'll probably be buying it all from Twistedthrottle, unless you have better suggestions. I'm in Toronto.

I'd love to know how they work and how the installation went.

I'm probably also going to mount a big Givi topcase as well.
I personally haven't dealt with TwistedThrottle, but from one of the other threads (TwistedThrottle BS), I would try to find some other supplier as some people on here haven't had the best of luck. Just my 2 copper plated coins worth.

romprat

I just installed the givi E21 hard boxes and the sw motech hardware 2days ago, all from twisted throttle. It looks great! I have not got pics yet but I will if u would like to see.:D

Heineken

Elite Member

Roaddawg

Those look pretty good. Do you think you could put up a few more pics like, a direct side shot and one of the racks with the bag off? What's the part number for that rack system? It looks different then the V35 one. Also, can you still carry a passenger with the pegs? Sorry, for all the requests, I'm just still looking for the perfect cases. And, your the first to put those on our bike, I believe.

romprat

Here are some more pics at the previous link. The hardware is from twistedthrottle it is the sw motech one with the givi adapter. I sat on the back with my husband and it was comfortable on the foot pegs.

Heineken

Elite Member

Superzoom

Here are some more pics at the previous link. The hardware is from twistedthrottle it is the sw motech one with the givi adapter. I sat on the back with my husband and it was comfortable on the foot pegs.
Hi Romprat,

So you're saying there would be no issue with having a passenger then? They have full access to the passenger footpegs?

Are you able to choose the positioning (forward and backwards, up and down) of the bags on the mounts, or is there only one position in which you can mount the bags?

Thanks.

romprat

Hi Superzoom,

When you sit as a passenger on the bike your legs rest against the front of the boxes and you feet fit on the pegs comfortably ...for me at least.....

The boxes only mount in one position.

I also just got the givi v46 monokey topcase that we will be putting on as soon as we get the hardware. I will post the pics when done.

Roaddawg

The Givi rack for the v35's is a PLX rack, witch hugs the behind of the motorcycle, now that's a good thing...gives you more volume without going wider, but the PLX setup isn't available for all bikes, so if you plan to use the cases on multiple bikes that might be an issue. I sport the E55 top case for now, but I'm looking at those V35's and drool... still haven't decided with way I'm gonna go, either V35 with PLX system or E41 with the flat plane mounting option.
I like the look of the V35's, but they are just toooooo wide. 14" each! If they had narrower cover options, like the 'city' bags of the European FJR's, that would be perfect for me. I just don't like it being over 3' wide with those bags. Where I park at work in an underground garage, I have to squeeze between a car and post. With the V35's, there's no way I would fit...plus splitting traffic on my commute is a daily thing as well.

Heineken

Elite Member

janea

givi e21

criminy, i have a set of E21 that i used on my old bike, but i couldn't find anyone who said they could be made to fit the sixer! i LOVE those cases -- they were the perfect size for traveling, groceries, whatever. So for this bike i blew the wad and got the V35s. they are honking, stinking, stupid big! Because they open on the side, i actually can't get a lot more in than i could on the E21s, which open at the top, and they are so giant, they catch the wind horribly, esp. when riding empty. i'll measure them tonight and let you know just how wide they are (I think i did that on the "added givi bags" thread?).

by the way, if a way is found to get the E21s to fit, i know where a set of V35s will be for sale soon:)

Heineken

Elite Member

Roaddawg

Superzoom,

I saw your teaser pic on your seat thread of your bike with the Givi E21 side and top cases on. You gonna give us some more pics and a review? I haven't seen anyone here with the side AND top cases on the 6R...Raven at that. I'm interested and I know others here are as well. Thanks.