Anyone have an issue with a leaky water pump?

semperfi60448

I just pulled my bike out of storage and noticed it leaking coolant on the bottem part of the water pump housing. Luckily I still have two months on my warranty so I just took it in. Just want to give people a heads up and see if this is a common issue.

Chevyfazer

I've never herd of anyone having that happen on any of Yamaha's "6" bikes the fz6r, fz6, or r6, but just because i haven herd anything of the sort doesn't mean it hasn't happened. However I have herd of the coolant line leaking and running down the back side of the pump and making it look like the pump itself is leaking.

semperfi60448

Update from Dealer

It's been five days and I just received a phone call from the dealership. They stated that they did not see my bike leak; however, there is corrosion on the bottom part of my water pump cover. They said it could have been from sitting for an extended amount of time without starting it up. They said its perfectly fine. I am going to get my bike today from the dealership. Not very happy with their service department to say the least. I will not be going there anymore and will have to change it myself. Just a little venting, sorry for the rambling on.

JSP

Super Moderator
It's been five days and I just received a phone call from the dealership. They stated that they did not see my bike leak; however, there is corrosion on the bottom part of my water pump cover. They said it could have been from sitting for an extended amount of time without starting it up. They said its perfectly fine. I am going to get my bike today from the dealership. Not very happy with their service department to say the least. I will not be going there anymore and will have to change it myself. Just a little venting, sorry for the rambling on.
That has been my experience with ANY warranty claim on any vehicle. :mad: If they can see corrosion, THERE IS A LEAK. :confused::confused::confused: It should not be doing that. You saw the actual liquid when you took it out of storage? Get it all cleaned up super good and then run it and see if there is any more leaking.

bleedinblue

Elite Member