Any St. Louis (or nearby) FZ6R riders around to help with some mad science?

UpInTheAir89

Hey guys,
I'm normally over on the 600riders (FZ6) forums (same name as here). I wanted to stop over to see if there was any FZ6R owners in the area that can help me with a project I'm working on.

So I'm deep in on some heavy modifications to the FZ6. I recently swapped my headers with the R6 headers, and threw a shorty exhaust on it. That left me with the gruesome looking tail like I have now. (see picture)

I've been thinking of what options I have to clean up the tail.

I'm stuck with either trimming away some pieces (kinda janky).
OR
Swapping with a different tail (could be ultra janky or ultra awesome).

I know there's some structural differences between the 6 and the 6r, but I'm wondering if they could be close enough to swap.

Here's what I'm looking for (in return for some beer of the craft variety):
Someone with a FZ6r that would be up for meeting and parking their bike next to mine so I can get a nice look to see if it could work. The dream would be to strip mine and see if any of your parts fit, but if you're not comfortable I'd be completely open to just having the bikes sit next to each other so I can eyeball it.

Anyone mind helping out?

Attachments

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

If you strip out the plastics and body work that is underneath the tail (exhaust shrouds), it may look more like the gen2 FZ1 tail

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

TDL2024

Was looking into getting an FZ6 before I chose the FZ6r; had looked into the Access Composites R6 tail. Maybe check that out? Looked sleek enough that if you're not going with undertail exhaust it could possibly work.

Found this on google, was the photo that originally made me want a naked FZ6 (damn, now I want an FZ6 again lol)

Last edited: