Any one else get blown?

fltdriver

After having my 6r for almost a month and putting 900 miles on it I have noticed that I seem to get tossed around pretty good by the wind and the wake of some semi's. I figured that it was just the fact of a lite bike in windy situations. After a ~200 mile ride this morning with a buddy from work I noticed that he wasn't getting "pushed around" as much as I was. He was riding an FZ1 (20-25lbs more than FZ6R) and weighs about 170.

Now I only weigh 130 (yeah I'm scrawny-deal with it) and was wondering if this 60-70 pound difference was the reason I was getting tossed around?

Is this something anyone else experiences because of the full fairings (the FZ1 seems like a more naked bike)?

Could I be doing something is causing me to "catch" more wind?

daddyrack

Premium Member

fltdriver

It does make me feel better that I'm not the only one. Now is this a problem with the design of the bike (would I not get tossed around on a different bike) or is it simply because of my weight?

vengeance44

ya are bike gets caught in the wind pretty badly i weigh 240lbs and i get tossed around crazy my friend weighs 150 rides a gixxer 600 he doesnt get tossed around like i do

JSP

Super Moderator
I like the title of your thread.

RoadTrip

Some bikes do seem more prone to get pushed around by the wind than others, my friend at work has a BMW 1200 and he says he has to lean the bike into heavy winds to stay on line. I had some pushing while I owned the FZ6R, but the key is to remain relaxed and don't over-compensate. Avoiding 20+mph wind days also help, Spring is the windiest season.

JSP

Super Moderator
I figured I would get more ppl to read it with a sexual undertone because it's a proven fact that everyone on the interweb is perverted.

I got the bike to make a 20 mile commute to work so I guess I just gotta get used to the wind. Thanks for all of the quick responses.
Haha! :innocent: