Any Aussie XJ6N, or XJ6 Diversion riders from Australia about the place?

Wolfman

Hey people, as Aussie Moderator in the sister FZ6 forum site, i was wondering whether there are any XJ6 riders out there....if so, get in here, and join the party.

:thumbup:

dcBear78

I am! I pick up my XJ6F next week. Part of the first batch to land in the country. So I guess I will be one of the first in the country to own one. Only really getting it and not the FZ6N because I am only just going from L's to P's and this bike is LAMS approved.

AussieRider

So I am a week or two away from picking up my FZ6R. First bike, the wait is fricken killing me. Still haven't picked the colour but am leaning towards the white (but will probably lose the graphics). Man I am sh*ting myself that I don't drop it. But if it happens it happens I guess.

dcBear78

Picked up mine on Friday. First one registerred in QLD. Took it for a good ride today. It is great round town but that throttle restriction is a pain at highway speeds. My guys are going to fix that at the first service. ;)

jeza81

Hi Guys, was first in SA to register mine, first bike but restriction is painful, other lams bikes leaves me for dead but hopefully will take care of that shortly. attached is photo of throttle body from my 2010 fz6r.
Triangular foot on bottom is stopping it.
Local dealer not sure if removed or changed if it could screw up computer ??
hearing all sorts of ideas does anyone KNOW for sure ?? (not think !!)

Interested in feedback

Cheers

Attachments

joloy133

Hi Guys, was first in SA to register mine, first bike but restriction is painful, other lams bikes leaves me for dead but hopefully will take care of that shortly. attached is photo of throttle body from my 2010 fz6r.
Triangular foot on bottom is stopping it.
Local dealer not sure if removed or changed if it could screw up computer ??
hearing all sorts of ideas does anyone KNOW for sure ?? (not think !!)

Interested in feedback

Cheers
I say go for it. I read someone on this site removed it no problem. Can't recall what country.

streetmaster

Hey Jeza, my dealer said just bend it back to clear. That way if you have to (if you get caught) you can just bend it back.

jeza81

due for its first 1000 km service next week so will let you know how we go on the ride home :)
Bending it is good option i'm thinking.

dcBear78

due for its first 1000 km service next week so will let you know how we go on the ride home :)
Bending it is good option i'm thinking.
Let us know how this goes.... We are all desperate to see if it really is that easy. I am still a few weeks away from my service. Only 300km's clocked so far, but I also am still on L's. Booked in for the test on the 27/5.

Lukeyy

givin me goosebumps.. ive only had the bike up to 144km/h so this will make things very interesting.

as a learner rider however will it void an insurance claim as an illegal mod????????

AussieRider

Hi guys, finally picked up my bike 2 weeks ago. White of course. Haven't had the chance to ride it much (2 jobs and some shitty weather). Finally got a good run out of Sparky today (that's what I've named it). All I can say is I don't know why I waited this long to get a bike. Hope the weather is being kinder to you guys.

dcBear78

givin me goosebumps.. ive only had the bike up to 144km/h so this will make things very interesting.

as a learner rider however will it void an insurance claim as an illegal mod????????
Absolutely. That is the risk you take with any modification.

Hi guys, finally picked up my bike 2 weeks ago. White of course. Haven't had the chance to ride it much (2 jobs and some shitty weather). Finally got a good run out of Sparky today (that's what I've named it). All I can say is I don't know why I waited this long to get a bike. Hope the weather is being kinder to you guys.
Our numbers are starting to grow...

streetmaster

Sure will if they find out!!
As you will be riding a bike you're not licenced for!
But doubtful the assesor would spot the mod. The rego would still state it's still a LAMS bike.

Last edited:

ajiribarren

Hi here! Proud owner of a XJ6 diversion in lava red!

Cheers

ajiribarren

Is yours a LAMS model? I see the XJ6N/S are on the QLD LAMS list now along with the FZ6R (really an XJ6F).
Not a LAMS model. Mine is the XJ6S, not the XJ6SL. It appears that Yamaha has the intention of selling also the naked and half faired as a LAMS version also?

Cheers