Another set of Givi's

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Hard cases look so nice on the FZ6R! I just wish they weren't so darn expensive.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

NoDoze

Cool stuff man! :steve:

tnd2

yeah, and I wish Yamaha would look at their market... they could have really given this bike a few more options and made it a light tourer from the factory. The rear grab bar is useless and heavy, could have very easily made it functional.

not to hijack... Nice gettup!

Where at in VA? there's a few of us in the Northern part.
Thanks
In the South-Eastern part

Jay S.

Looks great! I agree that Yamaha should offer them as an option just like Kawi is doing with the new Ninja 1000. Givi bags look like the belong on the 6R.

I gotta get me some of them...

;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

tnd2

Would like details. What bag model, brackets, ease of installation/removal?

The bags are the Givi V35N(matte black) they come in several options all costing more than these, the ones with the gloss black trim look nice on a black bike but I cheaped out.
Givi Monokey V35 motorcycle side case, luggage, hard cases

The brackets are Givi PLXR364
Givi PLXR364 side case Fitment Kit for the Yamaha FZ-6R 2009. - Sport Tour Ltd.

Here's the instructions for installing the brackets:
http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/37779/0.0.1.man_plxr364.pdf
30-45 mins including dragging out the few tools needed and blue Locktite.

The brackets come with a special tool that only requires a 1/4 turn to remove the loop of the bracket that can be removed in a few seconds leaving the 2 tabs that are below the grab rail and 1 at the passenger foot peg.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Sparkxx1

Sigh, they need a jealous button. :thumbup: I keep coming back and looking at it lol.

Would you mind posting a picture of how much fits in there?

Last edited:

Jay S.

Sigh, they need a jealous button. :thumbup: I keep coming back and looking at it lol.

Would you mind posting a picture of how much fits in there?
Agreed, I keep coming back to look at them. I'll be getting a set this fall, can't wait.

I'd like to see pics with them loaded as well...pretty please. :cool:

Chucker

Here's a quick update showing the bags.
Next will be a Throttlemeister and a set of grips.

SNC00002e by tnd2, on Flickr
Can you quickly and easily remove the mounts when not in use? I don't think I'd keep the cases on the bike all of the time.

tnd2

Can you quickly and easily remove the mounts when not in use? I don't think I'd keep the cases on the bike all of the time.
Check out the pdf link in my first post

The 2 tabs (#3), in pic B stay on the bike,as well as 1 tab at the pass foot peg, #4 in pic C. The hoop(#1) shown in pic A comes off in under a minute with the supplied tool shown in pic 1(second page of the pdf). The hard wear is attached to the hoop so it cant be lost.

OffTheClock

Here's a quick update showing the bags.
Next will be a Throttlemeister and a set of grips.

SNC00002e by tnd2, on Flickr
I am about to take the plunge and purchase these just wanted to ask you how they are working out for you now that you have had them on your ride for several months? Did you notice a big difference in the way the bike handles? Is it sufficient storage or would you recooment the trunk as well.
Thanks in advance for your help, they look great on your ride

AngryAnt

A question for you guys that are good with paint out there. I'm going to order a pair of V35's closer to Christmas (my wife agreed to the expense as a Xmas present haha) and I want to paint the top part to perfectly match the bike (yahama blue). I don't know how hard it is to do it myself versus the cost of paying a small shop to do it well, but shouldn't be too bad either way.

The question: should I just buy the Matte Black cases with the Matte Black top since I'm painting the top anyway? I would buying the gloss black make it easier to paint? (Assuming I'm painting a gloss blue)