Another exodus

dcBear78

Has come time that I think I have out grown my FZ6R. I had been in two minds over what I wanted to do with it for a while. I eventually settled and thought if I mod it to how I like I would be happy enough. So did the usual 2 Bros exhaust & JB, FE, mirrors and flushmounts.

While this satisfied me for a bit. I am just wanting more that this bike cannot deliver. I am no longer licence restricted like we get down under. So time for an upgrade.

Right now I am looking at this 2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.

Just over 10,000k's on the clock. And with the details I have discussed with the shop, there will be a change over of about $7k.

It is in a town about 2 hours away. So heading down with a mate on Tuesday to have a look and possibly ride her home.

blekk

Very nice!!! If you do end up going down this road let us know what dealer you trade it in at as I might be in the market for a bike soon :)

dcBear78

Very nice!!! If you do end up going down this road let us know what dealer you trade it in at as I might be in the market for a bike soon :)
You looking to buy an FZ6R?

On a side note, I will miss the sound of that Two Bros exhaust. I have yet to hear any road bike (I like) with an after market exhaust that sounds so good. Such a deep rumble on low revs. Most sport bike pipes are more high pitched (except twins which don't do it for me).

blekk

Yeah I was looking at the Kawa ER6NL but have fallen for the FZ6R :) The missus and I have just bought a house so realistic I wont be able (more like allowed) to have one for a couple more months.

roadrat

Great looking bike and I am sure it's great quality too... are you ready for the more aggressive ergonomics though? If not you might also look for a Yamaha FZ1 or the Kawi Ninja 1000. Good luck!!

WhiteFZ

Yes. I went from daily riding my wife's FZ to riding a CBR 954. Love it.

dcBear78

Great looking bike and I am sure it's great quality too... are you ready for the more aggressive ergonomics though? If not you might also look for a Yamaha FZ1 or the Kawi Ninja 1000. Good luck!!
Absolutely. The ergonomics are one of the things I don't like about the FZ6R. Seems neither here nor there. Part sporty part tourer and not really good at either. But I can appreciate why people do like that though.

I do not ride my bike substantial distances. Goes 20 minutes to work and back and when out playing. If traveling some distance I would take the car unless there was some reason to take a bike.

poWKaw

Nice mate! I hope you take it home with you. They're a wicked bike, jealous that you're ending your R-date, I still got 9 months hngh :( I totally know what you mean hey, the tank up so high, pegs down so low; making you scrape em around the corners if you want to get any decent lean it doesn't feel natural through twisties. I was aiming for either CBR or R1 when I come out of my LAMS.

KeysRider3

Why a liter-bike?

Why would you want a 1000cc bike you're riding 20 minutes to work? Along with the cash you'll need to buy the Honda, you'll have an increase in ownership costs (fuel, service, tires, repairs, insurance if you have it). Since you've made the modifications maybe taking a performance riding class would help you get the most out of what you already have. If not, you would at least know you really need more cc's.

Spunky99

Why would you want a 1000cc bike you're riding 20 minutes to work? Along with the cash you'll need to buy the Honda, you'll have an increase in ownership costs (fuel, service, tires, repairs, insurance if you have it). Since you've made the modifications maybe taking a performance riding class would help you get the most out of what you already have. If not, you would at least know you really need more cc's.
I ride 4.5 miles to work and I love to ride my 955i so much more than the FZ6R that I wish my commute was a lot longer. After all the upgrades on the FZ6R I made, my mileage decreased to about the same as the 955i and the Triumph came with all the upgrades already. No need to go spend lots of $$.

Detrich

Nice! Congrats :)

dcBear78

Didn't end up getting it.

After the hour and forty minute ride there. They looked over my bike for a long time trying to work out a value. The modifications were an issue. With them, they can't sell it as a LAMS model. And not selling it as a LAMS model is impossible cause if you had the license you would get a better bike.

So by 2:30pm we finally come to a price agreement and arranged for me to return with all the stock items (exhaust, fender and indicators).

But I needed to be back on my home town by 5pm to pick my daughter up from daycare and needed to leave by 3:20 at the latest. They said it would be closer to 4:30 before they would have paperwork completed and I could leave.

Now, I am starting to have 2nd thoughts. Not about the bike. More financial considerations.

dcBear78

Might add the SS ergonomics were so weird being used to the 6R. Took a few minutes to settle into the different feeling. Then when I got back onto the 6R I felt like I was riding a trail bike.

And my god does it go!!!!

Barely took it over 6k. Did give it a 3rd gear squirt and thought I should let off when I hit 220kph (short shifting all the way).

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

WhiteFZ

Might add the SS ergonomics were so weird being used to the 6R. Took a few minutes to settle into the different feeling. Then when I got back onto the 6R I felt like I was riding a trail bike.

And my god does it go!!!!

Barely took it over 6k. Did give it a 3rd gear squirt and thought I should let off when I hit 220kph (short shifting all the way).
It took me a little time to get used to the SS riding position. Now, I hate riding the FZ. Upright is not for me. I love the SS position.

iSpoolin

It took me a little time to get used to the SS riding position. Now, I hate riding the FZ. Upright is not for me. I love the SS position.
Same here, once I got the Daytona the FZ just felt odd to me, but I still enjoyed riding it.