Another 6R Down Today : (

rskinz6r

Yeah it happened to me today. I was making a simple turn and there was a little bit of gravel and thats all it took and i couldnt keep her up. I wanted to cry lol. As far as damage i got to replace the right fairing it pretty scuffed up and its got a hole from either a rock or bolt, the upper black piece behind that fake vent needs replacing, the oil pump cover it scratched up, and other minor stuff like bar end, mirror, and rear brake are damamged but not so bad so they wont be getting replaced.

CrazyCawi

Bikes are replaceable/fixable. Are you okay? I understand its your pride and joy and know your pain all to well right now! Did you have frame sliders?

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

rjohnson5481

Gkad you're okay.

Don't feel bad man. What embarrising is when you install frame sliders ride then ride 5 minutes to the store. Once I got there I went to get off and the kickstand wasn't all the way out, by the time I realized it was too late. I tried to make it gentle but she got scuffed a little

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

rskinz6r

yeah im fine. no frame sliders oh how i wish i had them. It just sucks....hopefully I can get it back to looking new again soon. Its gonna be about $500 to fix. the main fairing is $410 from yamaha!

Detrich

Frame sliders don't always work either. Sometimes they pop right off. But, it's still better to have them. I've had them work and have had them fail. It's luck of the draw and the angle/ speed of the drop...

Good that you aren't hurt. The bike is totally fixable. You'll be ok. And, remember each fall is a learning experience...

CDN6R

Thats right falling is all part of the experiance. I remember years ago I stopped in for gas just below where i live, rode up to the pump,,put my foot down and down I went with the bike. There was oil residue on the pavement where I placed my foot.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

wow you had three people on your bike? lol

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Detrich

Hey in some southeast Asian countries they get an entire family of 5 on a 125cc. All squidding too LOL. Crazy...

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Any off you can walk away from is a "successful" off. Glad you're OK!

There's two types of riders - Those who've been off and those who will. I've had three in 28 years and walked from all of them. ATGATT... saves lives sometimes but SURELY saves your skin! ;)

There's MANY FZ6Rs out there if yours wasn't fixable... but there's only one YOU. Glad you'll be rubber side down again! Take care and look at this as experience. :D

Michael Wilson

Glade your alright. Just remember what everyone else says, bikes are replacable humans are not. That would be what I call a "successfull emergency dismount".

As for the bike.Deping on your mechanical and fabrication skills and depending on where the hole in your fairing is you could possible "modify" the fairing to look legit if you don't want to spend hard cash on it. Just use a small dremal tool to shave some plastic down if you're feeling up to it. Jus a suggestion to save you some money. I have done this countless times on dirtbikes and most of the time it turns out better then what it was :)

Now if you have a slightly bad feeling aobut attempting this you can always attempt it and fail (or succeed) and still order a new fairing. Just might save you a couple bucks.

rskinz6r

thanks for everyone's concern. Yeah i know my life is most important. Just hate to see the bike go down like that. As far as the fairing, its got to be replaced. The hold looks like someone shot a bullet through it from the other side. Im thinking a bolt on the inside penetrated it when the fairing pushed in. I actually found the oem fairing on bikebandit.com for $320, better than $410 from Yamaha. Im just having a hard time finding out what model/color my bike is. Its the white 09 but when you look at the parts schematic it shows blusish white cocktail....

rskinz6r

ill also need the black plastic piece where out fake vent is next to the headlight, and maybe a bar end but i may just leave it. And also ill need the cover next to the bottom of the fairing which i was told it is an oil pump cover. Ill need a new flushmount signal, and my father in law bent back the rear brake lever it got pushed in. Other than that everything else is fine. Didnt see any coolant or anything else dripping so thats good also.

Fenixgoon

Yeah it happened to me today. I was making a simple turn and there was a little bit of gravel and thats all it took and i couldnt keep her up. I wanted to cry lol. As far as damage i got to replace the right fairing it pretty scuffed up and its got a hole from either a rock or bolt, the upper black piece behind that fake vent needs replacing, the oil pump cover it scratched up, and other minor stuff like bar end, mirror, and rear brake are damamged but not so bad so they wont be getting replaced.
the bike can be repaired. as long as you're ok that's the most important part.

gravel FTL! :(

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Last edited: