An odd and rare thing!

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

DragonBlu

Neither was speeding? An actual bona-fide accident?

RIP to the deceased.. Hope the rider recovers. Was trying to figure out what type of bike that was based on the pictures. Looks like the tires were "newish"?
It's a Yamaha according to the police report. Maybe R6? They are still checking into it. Non life-threatening injuries to the rider according to the report.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
It's a Yamaha according to the police report. Maybe R6? They are still checking into it. Non life-threatening injuries to the rider according to the report.

It's an R1. Looking at the swing arm and the under rear seat exhaust...

DragonBlu

RIP to the driver, this always sucks when it was an actual accident and not someone being an idiot.

Oh, and I would love to point out to all the "It's my right to not wear gear" people:
Yes, we all have the right to make choices. Looks like this young guy made the right choice for this ride. Freedom to all,safe rides my friends!

BKP

that's just insane. from the pic the truck should have seen the bike and the biker should have seen the truck him cut him off in time if he was not speeding as it says he wasn't. IDK too weird. unless there is a crazy bend in the road looking the other way.

thanks for sharing and yes ATGATT
Classic left turner "accident." First time I've seen the one at fault for this type of wreck killed, and the biker survive. Kid is a poster child for ATGATT!

I posted a compilation vid a while back of my own near misses... almost all of them were due to left turners... I see this *all* the time, and amazed we don't see more wrecks in the news.
Don't need to be speeding, JT, for this to be fatal... I do believe these cagers treat bikers as if they a) can stop on a dime; b) aren't as big as my car, so let *them* worry about it; c) just aren't really there...

Here it is... and I wasn't exceeding limits in *any* of these, and have become a big believer in 6R brakes... these people are just oblivious...

Cutoffs and fools, you almost run into, while riding the FZ6R - YouTube

Pinarello Rider

Classic left turner "accident." First time I've seen the one at fault for this type of wreck killed, and the biker survive. Kid is a poster child for ATGATT!

I posted a compilation vid a while back of my own near misses... almost all of them were due to left turners... I see this *all* the time, and amazed we don't see more wrecks in the news.
Don't need to be speeding, JT, for this to be fatal... I do believe these cagers treat bikers as if they a) can stop on a dime; b) aren't as big as my car, so let *them* worry about it; c) just aren't really there...

Here it is... and I wasn't exceeding limits in *any* of these, and have become a big believer in 6R brakes... these people are just oblivious...

Cutoffs and fools, you almost run into, while riding the FZ6R - YouTube
Interesting vid - thanks for posting. I do a lot of road biking and there may be some parallels here. People have a hard time judging our speeds. It may have something to do with our size - or the fact that we are on two wheels only. But in cycling, I've talked to lots of people who comment that some of the mistakes they make with driving with cyclists is poor judgement of speed. It's not that they are stupid, or not paying attention.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

crobih

Whats the legal speed limit, I mean that trucks looks brutally damaged, and couldnt hurt that the biker flew through and landed on padding. I guess the 77 year old lived a decently longt life, sucks he died but the 22 year old got another 50 years to go.