Amber Alert Sign Follow-Up

PhatPhizzixxer

So...I guess some folks don't like the sign:
Freeway messages stir outrage in some drivers - SignOnSanDiego.com

It only takes a few irresponsible riders to make cagers hate all of us but the level of rage that some people have for us riders is truly amazing. That's too bad because alot of us who ride do so with great care & consideration for others.

Craxican

Yeah..it is ridiculous the contempt brought on by some people...especially since the ones that i have encoutered are the idiots who arent paying attention to other cars let alone motorcycles...

JonKerr

Elite Member

Love Enigma

Frankly, I love those signs. They are great for us motorists, but yes. I have passed far too many people on the phone held up to their ear, reading books, drinking from starbucks cups after they've nearly swerved into me.

I'm about to read the article now, but I don't see why it should anger anyone to be reminded to be curtious on the streets.

yoos

maaaaan i think they r just jealous of us thats all ... they wish they got the balls to be on a bike lol

flyingminno

I was happy the first time I saw those signs, I let out a sigh of relief when riding past it. Though I have encountered this on way too many occasions, when just riding normally in a lane, not speeding or lane splitting, and an A-hole starts tail gating me, or someone doesn't look at all and changes lanes into me. I'm sure we've all experienced that situation. So thats why I have an aggressive, "cop" like riding style, speeding up to pass driver's blind-spots and filtering traffic when it is safe and attempting to almost sneak up and quickly pass potential hazard cage-dwellers.

Has anyone ever had a pushy driver try fitting next to you in traffic or a stoplight? It happened today stopped a few cars from the stop light, he tried pulling into my lane between me and the car to my right and clipped my mirror, so I kicked the side of his door hard enough to make a good sound and split through traffic again. :D

Last edited:

MikeN02

I was happy the first time I saw those signs, I let out a sigh of relief when riding past it. Though I have encountered this on way too many occasions, when just riding normally in a lane, not speeding or lane splitting, and an A-hole starts tail gating me, or someone doesn't look at all and changes lanes into me. I'm sure we've all experienced that situation. So thats why I have an aggressive, "cop" like riding style, speeding up to pass driver's blind-spots and filtering traffic when it is safe and attempting to almost sneak up and quickly pass potential hazard cage-dwellers.

Has anyone ever had a pushy driver try fitting next to you in traffic or a stoplight? It happened today stopped a few cars from the stop light, he tried pulling into my lane between me and the car to my right and clipped my mirror, so I kicked the side of his door hard enough to make a good sound and split through traffic again. :D
I ride casually too, I see all these other bikes pass by me so I found it weird when I passed by another bike. For trucks and trailer trucks I tend to accelerate fast past their blind spot. I've almost had someone clip me because they thought Oh it's a fifth lane, lets get on it since no one else is on it even though the fifth lane merges onto the fourth.

Seriously, dumb cagers trying to skip through the line and merge back in pisses me off, then they expect to be let back in the line.

Kleinfalls

Until they have been in our shoes and surrounded by mutli-ton vehicles - normal drivers shouldn't say anything - I always tell everyone - I go faster than traffic on my bike for 1 reason - I get to make the decisions - if I go the same speed or slower - I have to trust the people around me to make good choices - if I am passing them - then I have my life in my hands.

JonKerr

Elite Member