Always said I'd never get caught in a downpour...

kvc25

...and then it happened to me tonight. Very bad thunderstorm too. Super windy and I was getting blown all over the place. Rear tire sliding every which way. Made it home, albeit with soaked shoes, jeans, gloves, and jacket. Thank god for my OGIO backpack or my phone would have been trashed. Lesson has been learned the hard way. It's time for real gear now.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Wife got her 150 miles in pouring rain/cool temps badge of honor last year, me several miles more than that, always carry rain coat of some kind after first encounter back in the 80s.
Bikes are way more stable now than then, and not as scary in the rain at highway speed. :eek:

FastFreddy

2 piece storm suit is the go. Just be careful not to rip the crotch out when you swing your leg over.

One of my riding buddies has a rainsuit that fits in a little package that goes under his seat.

I get away with a jacket and the rain pants under the seat sometimes.

FastFreddy

I remember getting dry in front of a fireplace at a pub on a Sunday during a downpour once, and I'm taking my rain gear off. There was an old biker type with a long beard and he's wondering if I'm soft in the head, "When I was riding when I was younger, we didn't have that gear, we just used to get wet".

Thinking now, I could have said "Well you can stand in the rain outside now, with crotch thrust forward, if you want to reminisce" ;)

---
For me, once the water hits the crotch area on the bike, it starts to not be fun, every other part of me can be soaking wet and I'll still be grinning like an idiot under the helmet.

Skidro

I hope I'm not the only person that actually enjoys riding a motorcycle in the rain. I have frogg toggs and i ride 10,000+ miles a year, so i get plenty of those rainy day rides, actually going to get one today.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

bloodypulp

It's really not that bad for me my MSF was also in the rain. I just don't like all the cleaning up afterward mainly since removing the rear fender. Don't like mud on my gear

buzzbomb

Elite Member