Alpinestar MX-5 Boots

DjOrchie

Just got them a few days ago, really light weight and comfy as hell. Have taken them on a couple long rides and no complaints, great for getting under the shifter and still keeping the feel you need. They kept my feet warm and dry as it rained a bit on one of the rides, however I don't think they are meant to be a waterproof boot. Walking around in them when off the bike is great too! Very happy with my purchase.

Attachments

DjOrchie

Looks sick! How much did you pay for those bad boys?
$220 CDN, picked them up at a local shop here. Might have gotten a better deal if I ordered them from the U.S. but I like to try boots on as I have really wide feet.

amg14

i bought a pair of black smx-5 boot from motorcyclegear.com for like 200USD. once i tried them on i had a problem articulating my left foot enough to get the toe under the shifter. i ended up calling their custy service and they told me i would have to find another boot because of the bike's shifter/riding position and my hight (6'2) would make it impossible to shift with out straining myself. so sent them back and have to look for something else. they were nice boots though.

ajskillz13

You can adjust the shift lever to better fit your riding position with these boots. I know some guys on here have done it. It's supposedly easy.

Spunky99

Just got them a few days ago, really light weight and comfy as hell. Have taken them on a couple long rides and no complaints, great for getting under the shifter and still keeping the feel you need. They kept my feet warm and dry as it rained a bit on one of the rides, however I don't think they are meant to be a waterproof boot. Walking around in them when off the bike is great too! Very happy with my purchase.
Get the magnesium alloy toe sliders. The plastic grinds down in like 2 seconds.

Alpinestars Replacement Magnesium Toe Slider Set - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore