Almost became Hamburger today

B

bcbikernurse

I'm driving along and a guy in his late 60's early 70's pulled up to a stop sign in a Dodge Ram P/U and I noticed right away there was something not right! I let up on the throttle and watched him and of course as I was right in front of him he decided to go through the stop sign. :eek: I gave him my evil glare through my shaded visor (;)) and thank God he did see me at the last second and stopped dead in his tracks:thumbup: He was talking up a storm on his cell phone:ban::Flip: I think I rattled his nerves a little because he stayed put for a good thirty seconds and he didn't need to. Can't wait for the cell phone ban to come into effect in Ontario!!!

What saved my life today???? Realizing everyone else on the road is an absolute idiot!!:D

L

lytehouse

Good thing one of you was paying attention!
I had something similar happen not long ago, scared the crap outta me. But at least I got the upper hand & made the guy hit one of those big orange construction barrels.

D

Doorag

One of my instructors told me, "you have to assume that no one see you - ever."

Best advice I ever got (related to riding motorcycles)

O

Ozfazer6

Can't wait for the cell phone ban to come into effect in Ontario!!!
They are illegal to use here while driving ,have been for years,and it has made no difference.You still see em everyday.

I took a guys mirror off in my truck a few years back .He was parked on a yellow line and left no one any room.I asked him why he stopped there when there was a parking bay 200 mtr's up the road where I stopped.

His answer was "I got booked for talking on my phone recently so now whenever it rings I just stop" !

B

bcbikernurse

When I had the chance I emailed my hubbie!!! That was silly! He's nervous enough already!!:D

I think this guy will watch from now on though!!! I hope??

L

lonesoldier84

you didnt have a stop sign i assume?

and ya thats a horrible combo.....old senile guy and a big pick up truck....

good to hear he didnt clip you.

today i had someone turn into my lane....when i was still in it. lol.

i pulled up next to her to give her a "WTF" gesture and vent some frustration....then i saw she was beautiful. I gave her a milder "wtf" gesture and she started mouthing "im sorry" over and over again. you cant stay mad at a pretty face for very long.

too bad the senile old fart that almost cut you off doesnt fit that description!! :p

lol

B

bcbikernurse

They are illegal to use here while driving ,have been for years,and it has made no difference.You still see em everyday.

I took a guys mirror off in my truck a few years back .He was parked on a yellow line and left no one any room.I asked him why he stopped there when there was a parking bay 200 mtr's up the road where I stopped.

His answer was "I got booked for talking on my phone recently so now whenever it rings I just stop" !
Idiots are everywhere....I told you!!!

J

jmerch44

It is very hard for me to show my anger towards a hotchick. But old ugly pick up drivers can get torn into. LOL. Way to stay focused.

MNDZA

Glad you're okay. Cell phones are banned here too while driving, but I swear it seems like even more people are talking on their phones and driving since the ban.

N

nccoder

The law is really funny because when they first passed a hands free law here in Ca. people could still text while they were driving! Then they changed/added to the law so that it was against the law to text. I guess lawmakers know very little about technologies. Can't imagine why that would get past them.
Know this! People don't obey laws. Laws are not enforced for our welfare as a people. Laws are enforced for revenue. People are driving and texting as well as talking! So how about this. If a phone is in a moving car it's rendered useless. When the car is stopped it comes back online. It's easy to do and it's coming......

MNDZA

So how about this. If a phone is in a moving car it's rendered useless. When the car is stopped it comes back online. It's easy to do and it's coming......
The problem I have with that is if you REALLY need the phone in an emergency and you can't stop for some reason....like if someone is after you. Or what about the people who manage to call the police while in a kidnapper's car. I think there would be too much liability and I believe the police/gov't are prohibited anyway from interfering with cell phone signals. Although they did knock out all cell phone signals during Obama's inauguration.

N

nccoder

The problem I have with that is if you REALLY need the phone in an emergency and you can't stop for some reason....like if someone is after you. Or what about the people who manage to call the police while in a kidnapper's car. I think there would be too much liability and I believe the police/gov't are prohibited anyway from interfering with cell phone signals. Although they did knock out all cell phone signals during Obama's inauguration.
Excellent point! I agree we would suffer from that kind of restriction but then again are we creating more emergencies than would exist with them while driving?

Ring ring..ring.. "I want to report an accident"

I bet there are a lot more accidents today than ever before just because of cell phones. Don't get me wrong, I love my cell phone and it's a great convenience but what price will we pay. Tuning the radio can have the same effect so maybe the answer is the values we have. When was the last time you used your cell phone to call from the trunk of a car while being kidnapped? How about someone you know? If you only had to stop the vehicle to call in an accident, I think the inconvenience of having to stop at a safe location would be minimal. Okay how about a 911 button! Okay, now the phone works. This would have to be legit. Now you can call in that drunk or Amber alert. Chances are we or a family member/ friend will suffer from a cell phone call. Forget the argument about brain tumors! I mean most of the people who argue and write articles about this including doctors don't even understand the difference between CDMA and anolog. So we have a lot of misinformation flying around that's more politically motivated than scientific. The fact of the matter is. We probably suffer greater insurance rates and there is probably data we never hear about because it's about the Benjamins.

Stop those calls and there's a lot of money lost. I like how we make money and I respect it but I like to be clear in my mind of what's actually going on.

What did we ever do before this?

Remember they are texting! Keep alert!

Cliff

F

FAZERRIDER

I know from learning the way I usually do, which is the hard way one thing. You have to pay attention to other drivers and be ready to react to a bad situation quickly. Things happen all the time when your out. People in cars don't see bikes alot of the time or they don't judge your speed and pull out in front of you or change lanes when your in there blind spot. Intersections or driveways are the worst. I was on my way to work one day on my bike and I turned my head for a couple seconds and when I looked back in front of me a truck came out of a driveway in front of me. I was going about 50 mph when I hit my rear brakes and started to slide sideways a little. Then I hit a new thick patch on the pavement. The next thing I'm flying over the handlebars and slid and rolled down the road on the other side of the road as my bike slid down the side I was travaling. Didn't get hurt but it sure freaked me out and tought me to pay attention to whats going on all the time. Defencive driving will save your hide. Be safe.

BAD DRIVERS SHOULD BE :spank:

J

jtarkany

Glad to hear that you were paying attention and did'nt get hit :thumbup:

A

Andz

It is very hard for me to show my anger towards a hotchick.
Hot chicks know this and they take advantage of it. I see more babes on cell phones with their minds on the mall than I do older people. If someone pulls a stunt that endangers me they get the wrath no matter who they are.

B

bcbikernurse

Hot chicks know this and they take advantage of it. I see more babes on cell phones with their minds on the mall than I do older people. If someone pulls a stunt that endangers me they get the wrath no matter who they are.
I agree stupidity should know no bounds...beautiful/ugly...young/old...

MNDZA

Excellent point! I agree we would suffer from that kind of restriction but then again are we creating more emergencies than would exist with them while driving?

Ring ring..ring.. "I want to report an accident"

I bet there are a lot more accidents today than ever before just because of cell phones. Don't get me wrong, I love my cell phone and it's a great convenience but what price will we pay. Tuning the radio can have the same effect so maybe the answer is the values we have. When was the last time you used your cell phone to call from the trunk of a car while being kidnapped? How about someone you know? If you only had to stop the vehicle to call in an accident, I think the inconvenience of having to stop at a safe location would be minimal. Okay how about a 911 button! Okay, now the phone works. This would have to be legit. Now you can call in that drunk or Amber alert. Chances are we or a family member/ friend will suffer from a cell phone call. Forget the argument about brain tumors! I mean most of the people who argue and write articles about this including doctors don't even understand the difference between CDMA and anolog. So we have a lot of misinformation flying around that's more politically motivated than scientific. The fact of the matter is. We probably suffer greater insurance rates and there is probably data we never hear about because it's about the Benjamins.

Stop those calls and there's a lot of money lost. I like how we make money and I respect it but I like to be clear in my mind of what's actually going on.

What did we ever do before this?

Remember they are texting! Keep alert!

Cliff
Oh yeah!....911 calls only...that makes sense. Why didn't I think of that one?

cbzdel

IMO the cell phone ban didnt help in WA.. Everyone still does it.. Bluetooth was a fad for about 3 months then went away lol.

neshi

Cell phone LAWs in NYC are a joke!

It seems that everybody I know has a blue tooth device (use to work in an electronic store and got the $50 devices for like $5) and these are the people getting pinched with tickets. For just holding the phone(not to their face but as they tell me to see who is calling)

While I see people yammering on the phone held up to their face on a daily basis with the cops just looking at them and not doing anything.

Seems that the cops are choosy on what tickets they want to hand out!

Bigpun

There has to be strict fines implemented for people to stop using cell phones. Right now it seems that the ban is in place in Ontario but cops can't be bothered to write a few tickets. I can see up close and personal so many drivers using a cell phone while riding on a motorcycle. Best thing is twist the fist and get as far from them!!!!