Alergies and Riding

danieljardim

Alergies season is here and mine is really bad. Will be my first time riding in this season.

Any tips? advices?

Atchoooooooo....

JSP

Super Moderator
I have horrid allergies. Tried the shots and that almost killed me... Nothing really works for me. Only thing that somewhat helps is a nasal steroid spray and then the pills. Pills only work for a few days then I have to switch do a different pill. Allergies suck big time!

CrazyCawi

if you pull the pin on a grenade and wait about 10 seconds...prolly feel better after that

JSP

Super Moderator
if you pull the pin on a grenade and wait about 10 seconds...prolly feel better after that
I think the key here is to FEEL BETTER... AND still be able to RIDE, or at least stay alive. Whatever works best for ya. ;):thumbup:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

xJoshuaDrakex

I have bad allergies as well. I take a zyrtec every morning and it helps on my commutes to and from work.

DakinechicK

Zyrtek D.

Although, now that I think about it, it may make you drowsy. BUT, it works straight through for 24-48 hrs. I have bad allergies and my allergist told me either shots or zyrtek D. I love it!

Good luck.

danieljardim

I have horrid allergies. Tried the shots and that almost killed me... Nothing really works for me. Only thing that somewhat helps is a nasal steroid spray and then the pills. Pills only work for a few days then I have to switch do a different pill. Allergies suck big time!
I'm the same with the pills, I take claritin one week and switch for zyrtec the other week and keep rotating.

danieljardim

So what to do if you wanna sneeze while riding?

It's very strange while driving. Motorcycle I would say "forget about it" its gotta be 10x worst.

JSP

Super Moderator
So what to do if you wanna sneeze while riding?

It's very strange while driving. Motorcycle I would say "forget about it" its gotta be 10x worst.
Open your visor! haha

KeysRider3

I had bad allergies until I moved to the Florida Keys! If you can't do that then the OTC meds like Claritin, Zyrtek, and Allegra work pretty well. I found I could get by on 1 chlorpheniramine tab (Wal-Finate from Walgreens) every other day with 1/2 tab in between to tweak the effect. What some don't know about allergy meds is that taking too much can actually worsen the symptoms.
Gesundheit!

Hethrir

Half a claritin does wonders for me. Stay away from the homeopathic garbage, most of it makes it worse(i have hay allergies and a supposed remedy my stepmom got me almost killed me). Also, buy local honey and use it often on stuff, it has trace amounts of pollens that can reduce your reactions.

Fizzer6R

only thing that works for me is the original pseudoephedrine, not the updated new stuff. i get it at walmart (behind the counter, have to ask for it as they track the purchases cause meth) in 30mg tabs, usually 1-2 will do the trick, and can still take more if gets really bad. if i take a few of em in 1 day wow i get the gitters, damn meth heads:zombie: